Cozy Mysteries discussion

Upcoming New Releases > March 2016

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (last edited Feb 29, 2016 06:02AM) (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3886 comments Mod
Here we go. This time I've included some cozy mysteries which will be published only in digital format and some historical mysteries:

Kernel of Truth (Popcorn Shop #1)
Kristi Abbott

Time of Fog and Fire (Molly Murphy #16) (Historical mystery)
Rhys Bowen

A Churn for the Worse (An Amish Mystery #5)
Laura Bradford

Devonshire Scream (Tea Shop #17)
Laura Childs

And Then There Were Nuns (League of Literary Ladies #4)
Kylie Logan

Ripe for Murder (Cypress Cove Mystery #2)
Carlene O'Neil

Out of the Dying Pan (Deep Fried Mystery #2)
Linda Reilly

Between a Book and a Hard Place (Devereaux's Dime Store #5)
Denise Swanson

Ghostwriter Anonymous (Jake O'Hara #1)
Noreen Wald

Skinny Dipping With Murder (Otter Lake #1)
Auralee Wallace

Mrs. Jeffries Wins the Prize (Mrs. Jeffries #34) (Historical mystery)
Emily Brightwell

When Falcons Fall (A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery #11) (Historical mystery)
C.S. Harris

Those Who Walk in Darkness (Jacks Jackson Mystery #1)
Joyce, Jim Lavene

Death With an Ocean View (Kate Kennedy #1)
Noreen Wald

The Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum (Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum #1)
Kirsten Weiss

A Dawn of Death (Helen Binney Mysteries #4)
Gin Jones

Mother Knows Best (Margie Peterson #2)
Karen MacInerney

Jacob's Descent (Liv Bergen #6)
Sandra Brannan

Death by Sunken Treasure (Hayden Kent #2)
Kait Carson

Terror in Taffeta (Wedding Destination #1)
Marla Cooper

Silence in the Surf (Pacific Northwest #3)
Kate Dyer-Seeley

Reining in Murder (A Carson Stables Mystery #1)
Leigh Hearon

Death of a Bacon Heiress (Hayley Powell #7)
Lee Hollis

Killer Reunion (A Savannah Reid Mystery #21)
G.A. McKevett

Cinco De Mayhem (Santa Fe Cafe Mystery #2)
Ann Myers

The Cracked Spine (Scottish Bookshop #1)
Paige Shelton

A Muddied Murder (Greenhouse #1)
Wendy Tyson

Behind Chocolate Bars (A Chocolate Covered Mystery #3) (Delayed to October)
Kathy Aarons

Take the Monkey and Run (Call of the Wilde Mystery #4) (Delayed to July)
Laura Morrigan

Murder at Dolphin Bay (Sand and Sea Hawaiian Mystery #1) (ebook only)
Kathi Daley

message 2: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

I'm eagerly waiting Take the Monkey and Run, as I've enjoyed a lot the previous ones.

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 39772 comments I'm looking forward to The Cracked Spine. I've enjoyed all the Paige Shelton books I've read.

message 4: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

I have already got it on hold at the library too. I'm looking forward to it too.

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Marisa wrote: "I'm eagerly waiting Take the Monkey and Run, as I've enjoyed a lot the previous ones."

This one isn't being released now until July 5th and BEHIND CHOCOLATE BARS is delayed until October.

message 6: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments I have 6 of these on order. Another 2 I might pick up later depending on reviews.

message 7: by Nell (last edited Feb 28, 2016 03:31PM) (new)

Nell | 1172 comments Melodie wrote: "Marisa wrote: "I'm eagerly waiting Take the Monkey and Run, as I've enjoyed a lot the previous ones."

This one isn't being released now until July 5th and BEHIND CHOCOLATE BARS is ..."

I was trying to figure out why GR has it released March 1st but when I pre-ordered on Amazon it has a release date in July. Darn!! Now I have to wait longer.

message 8: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Updated, it's really a pity.

message 9: by Nell (last edited Feb 29, 2016 06:16AM) (new)

Nell | 1172 comments I cancelled my Amazon pre-order because I'm not willing to pay the same price for Kindle as I do for a print book. Instead I'm tracking it on www.ereaderiq.com to see if the price drops between now and July.

message 10: by Barb (new)

Barb | 1036 comments I was fortunate enough to get ARCs of several of these titles and have read and enjoyed these books:

The Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum, by Kirsten Weiss - Paranormal isn't my thing, but it wasn't a huge part of this book, so I liked it more than I thought I would.

A Muddied Murder, by Wendy Tyson - This was a little slow to start, but since it's set in Pennsylvania, where I live, I was reluctant to give up on it.

Reining in Murder, by Leigh Hearon - I didn't expect much from this since I'm not really into horses, but I ended up liking it in the end.

The Cracked Spine, by Paige Shelton - My biggest complaint about this one was a few TSTL moments that this author's 'heroines' don't usually get into. I hope that doesn't continue in the next book!

My copy of A Churn for the Worse came for me at the library this week, so that's on this weekend's reading list. I'm waiting for Killer Reunion, by G.A. McKevett, but that probably won't come till near the end of the month.

message 11: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Barb wrote: "I was fortunate enough to get ARCs of several of these titles and have read and enjoyed these books:

The Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum, by Kirsten Weiss - Paranormal isn't my..."

I have REINING IN MURDER on order. Good to know it's good.

message 12: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 71 comments Nell wrote: "I cancelled my Amazon pre-order because I'm not willing to pay the same price for Kindle as I do for a print book. Instead I'm tracking it on www.ereaderiq.com to see if the price drops between now..."

I do agree with that -- it seems to me that a kindle price should ALWAYS be less

message 13: by Betty (new)

Betty (bettylouise54) | 582 comments Like Melodie, I was lucky to get ARC on several of this book and enjoyed a I read so far. Just finised Karen MacInnerey MOTHER KNOWS BEST. I like it so much that I brought the first one and found it as good as the new one. Both are hilarious.

message 14: by Gary (new)

Gary Sundell | 2273 comments The latest Merry Wrath Mystery was released today. Marshmallow S'More Murder (Merry Wrath, #3) by Leslie Langtry

message 15: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 368 comments Thanks so much for sharing this list!

Lots of great new cozies!