English Translations of Scandinavian/Nordic Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Group read-alongs > March 2016 read-along

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Mar 07, 2016 11:56AM) (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) | 4960 comments Mod
So Far we have 5 books for March 2016 they are:

The Considerate Killer by Lene Kaaberbøl & Agnete Friis published on March 1, 2016.
Thin Ice by Quentin Bates published on March 3, 2016. - UK only
Where Roses Never Die by Gunnar Staalesen published on March 15, 2016.
The Vanished by Lotte Hammer published on March 24, 2016.
Closed Circles by Viveca Sten published on March 29, 2016.

As always I'll add books when they become known. Good reading.

message 2: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

I have read Viveca Sten's book Closed Circles. It is the after Still Waters. It revolves around sail boats, different Island's in the Stockholm Archipelago, and nasty characters. Thomas Andreasson is the Detective Inspector and a longtime friend of Nora Linde, who is a lawyer of a bank. These are the main characters that Viveca utilizes in her stories. I should say that the protagonists are regular people, but get into situations that are unconscionable. Viveca's style of writing is easy to read and I can't wait for her 3 book.

message 3: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

message 4: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Mar 17, 2016 02:53PM) (new)

There is a new book by Jorn Lier Horst called Ordeal published March 17, 2016, just added it. Thanks to Miss M.

message 5: by Harriet (new)

Harriet (harrietstay) | 24 comments I read CLOSED FOR WINTER and THE HUNTING DOGS by Jorn Lier Horst and enjoyed both of them. Next up is THE CAVEMAN. Somehow I missed DREGS when I ordered them. These are police procedurals set in Norway. What was new and that I found helpful was a short bio of Inspector William Wisting. Brought me up to date in his life. I did notice Horst has a number of books preceding these that have not been translated. Perhaps these were the best of the lot at that point and the reason for the bio.

message 6: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Mar 22, 2016 04:34AM) (new)

We have a WWII book out by Jesper Bugge Kold called Winter Men it was published on March 1, 2016, he's from Denmark.