In our opinion... discussion

Debates > Drugs

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa, The procrastinator XD (new)

Alyssa (castleofglass) | 2507 comments Mod
What are your thoughts on drugs?

message 2: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 533 comments I think they harm people and do damage to them and to their relationships in the long run. People can't tell though, unfortunately because of the high that they get off of drugs.

message 3: by Thirrin (last edited Apr 30, 2014 03:55PM) (new)

Thirrin Lindenshield | 111 comments I agree! There is a reason that some are illegal.

message 4: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 533 comments Thirrin wrote: "I agree! There is a reason that some are illegal."

Yes.

message 5: by Deaths coming (new)

Deaths coming torture mastrer-if you want someone torture he wil | 12 comments true but they add distraction and if we look at what drugs do is that it brings people together. the places to hang out are clubs and tavens. some drugs should be illigal but think about the good and the bad.

message 6: by Ollie (new)

Ollie Bradshaw (sebastian-bach) | 72 comments By making drugs illegal we just create that criminal scene around it. When drug's shouldn't be looked at as a legal or illegal issue. It should be looked upon as a medical and mental health issue. By doing this the criminal scene around drugs is stopped. People who do drugs shouldn't be treated as if there criminals and then get thrown in jail or given a giant fine but instead it should be if people do drugs they should be given help to over come A. There addiction problem or B. Whatever issue led them to drugs.
Plus if we legalize more drugs it will be easer for the government to filter out the really bad stuff.

message 7: by Liza (new)

Liza Lorenz (lizalorenz) | 14 comments Ollie wrote: "By making drugs illegal we just create that criminal scene around it. When drug's shouldn't be looked at as a legal or illegal issue. It should be looked upon as a medical and mental health issue. ..."

I totally agree with you, Ollie. We are spending a lot of money on the criminal aspects of drugs, which I tend to think is not stopping anyone who really wants them from getting them. So, I am leaning toward simply legalizing them and spending our money on education and awareness of the dangers.

message 8: by Ollie (new)

Ollie Bradshaw (sebastian-bach) | 72 comments yes

message 9: by Ollie (new)

Ollie Bradshaw (sebastian-bach) | 72 comments I kind of said it complicated er then it needed to be