Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > My book cover

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis Goodwin (goodreadscommaydenephyllis) | 4 comments This is a self-published book and all the remaining copies are owned by me. A copy of the cover is on my website www.maydene.co.uk/wpf and I would like the cover to appear on my Author's page. Is it possible for me to copy and paste it? Can I replace the Goodreads cover as shown in the topic? The book is available direct from me by Email & Paypal. I was thinking of offering a free copy with a competition but this is difficult if people cannot see the cover. Would appreciate your on this please

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Since you're the author, you should be able to add the cover, Phyllis. Click on "edit details" under the book description and add image on top right before saving the changes :)

message 3: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis Goodwin (goodreadscommaydenephyllis) | 4 comments Thanks Michael - I shall have a go!

message 4: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis Goodwin (goodreadscommaydenephyllis) | 4 comments Success! I have uploaded the cover of my book - Thanks.now I have one other question? On my Goodreads Home page the cover of my book 'Cry for me Argentina' is obsolete. The paperback and kindle edition have a yellow cover like the one on my Author's page. I have tried changing this in the same way but was told that only a Librarian can do this. Would you kindly do this for me please? If not, may I have both covers on the home page with the yellow one first?

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43614 comments Mod
As the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile. Here's how: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

Please note this will not affect which edition you see on your dashboard, which is only visible to you.

message 6: by Coral (new)

Coral Walker (coral_walker) | 8 comments I like to update the book cover for my book Children of Swan: The Land of Taron, Vol 1.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
I have added a book with the new cover as instructed, left the ASIN and Edition fields empty but stated in the description that it is for an alternative cover edition.

Could you please advise me anything else I need to do?

Thank you.

message 7: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis Goodwin (goodreadscommaydenephyllis) | 4 comments I have learned that it is not a good idea to change the cover of a book because Goodreads likes to record every edition and you are stuck with the first cover on your dashboard. Apparently that cover is only visible to the author so I have given up trying to change it. However my new cover is the default one so hopefully any possible readers will not be confused! The librarians are very helpful and I recommend 'rivka' s post above. Good luck!

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Coral, I updated the book description to include a bit more info other than that it is an ACE. I updated the librarian note with the ACE info so that this edition doesn't accidentally get deleted later for not having ASIN/ISBN. Looks like you forgot to add a new cover though - you can go to the edition and upload the cover on the top right of the edit page :)

PS
I have trouble saving files to my computer so I can't add covers

message 9: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments #6, 8

I added the cover to the book and deleted it from the 'more photos' section, which is explicitly not for book covers.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 10: by Coral (new)

Coral Walker (coral_walker) | 8 comments Michael and Lethe, thank you both very much! Excellent work you have done.

Phyllis, thank you too for the good advice.

:) :) :)

message 11: by Coral (new)

Coral Walker (coral_walker) | 8 comments I have another question.
In my author's page. It is still displaying the book with the old cover. How can make it display the link with the new cover?

Thanks

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Follow these steps

message 13: by Coral (new)

Coral Walker (coral_walker) | 8 comments Brilliant! I've done it. Thank you very much, Michael:)