Cocktails & Chat discussion

Cocktails - non-alcoholic!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Feb 28, 2016 04:20AM) (new)

Lisa Henry (lisahenry) | 77 comments Non-alcoholic Moscow Mule

Ingredients: 1 oz lime juice, half a cup of ginger beer, 1 tablespoon simple syrup, and 2 oz of either sparking water, tonic or club soda. Ice cubes.

Method: Add all ingredients to a glass and stir well. Garnish with a slice of lime and a small slice of ginger, if you wish.

Handy hint: If you want it to be alcoholic, exchange the water/tonic/soda for 2 shots of vodka!

You can also use a shaker for the alcoholic version, but not with the non-alcoholic version. It needs the alcohol or it gets to fizzy in the shaker and things get explosive and messy.

message 2: by MLE (new)

MLE   | 5 comments Lisa wrote: "Non-alcoholic Moscow Mule

Ingredients: 1 oz lime juice, half a cup of ginger beer, 1 tablespoon simple syrup, and 2 oz of either sparking water, tonic or club soda. Ice cubes.

Method: Add all i..."

Sounds tasty. I love ginger beer.

message 3: by Maygirl7 (new)

Maygirl7 | 4 comments Good ginger beer is good.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Henry (lisahenry) | 77 comments Maygirl7 wrote: "Good ginger beer is good."

Bundaberg Ginger Beer is the best!

message 5: by Maygirl7 (new)

Maygirl7 | 4 comments Hmmm I don't think can get that here. Next time I'm in Australia. ;)

Are Moscow Mules the rage in Australia too? They are very trendy now in the US?

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Henry (lisahenry) | 77 comments Maygirl7 wrote: "Hmmm I don't think can get that here. Next time I'm in Australia. ;)

Are Moscow Mules the rage in Australia too? They are very trendy now in the US?"

I don't think they're trending again back here. I remember they were very big back when I was a kid and my parents used to have cocktail parties.

message 7: by Maygirl7 (new)

Maygirl7 | 4 comments It's only within the past year they've been trending here. They seemed really old-fashioned when I first saw them on a menu.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Henry (lisahenry) | 77 comments Wikipedia tells me they were invented in 1941!

message 9: by MLE (new)

MLE   | 5 comments Lisa wrote: "Maygirl7 wrote: "Good ginger beer is good."

Bundaberg Ginger Beer is the best!"

Haven't seen or tried that one.