What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/Fiction Girl gets powers on sixteenth birthday, has to marry royal guard [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 3 comments The god/goddess grants magical powers on the people's sixteenth birthday. The guard takes her away from the castle(where she is a lady in waiting to the princess who is her cousin I think.) because there is an attack on the castle so she gets her powers in the wild. They get back to the castle and it's apparently scandalous that she made love to the guard so now she can't be properly bound to the goddess. So they force her to marry the guard. She meets a witch from the other country and wants to talk to her about her powers. The palace gets attacked again, the king dies (I believe the son does too, not sure)and the princess takes the throne. They think it was the other country that attacked them. Something happens and the girl and her now husband flee with the help of the witch to the other country. I believe the book came out recently.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34381 comments Mod
Katherine, what year did you read this book?

What are the girl's magical powers?

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 3 comments I read it sometime around the end of last year. So like October-ish I think. And it didn't go to much into her powers. I remember at one point she could sense a magical residue or something. They didn't really want to teach her how to use her powers, so she was reading in the library to try to figure it out herself.

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Wall | 4 comments the Shattered Court by M.J. Scott

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen | 137 comments Link for above, no clue if this is the right book.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 3 comments It is The Shattered Court. Thank you:)