Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Kitchens of the Great Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal -5 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blueberry (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) I started with 4 stars on this read but changed it to 5 after my
feel-good thoughts whenever I came across the title. It is written in an usual style with each chapter based on someone new to the story. But all having some connection to Eva, the main character.
And it you are from the northern Midwest, as I am, the food will be very familiar to you.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6546 comments Are there recipes in the book, Blueberry?

message 3: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1532 comments Glad to hear you liked it as this is my work book club pick for next month. Anita just from a quick glance through the book I didn't see any recipes but I haven't actually started reading it yet.

message 4: by Blueberry (last edited Feb 29, 2016 01:07PM) (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) Anita wrote: "Are there recipes in the book, Blueberry?"

Yes. If I remember correctly each chapter covers 1 person's story. And each chapter will have 1 recipe based on that chapter.

message 5: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7782 comments I remember there being some recipes as well.

I really enjoyed this book last year and was pleasantly surprised! It was not what I was expecting and I thoroughly enjoyed the format of interwoven short stories centered around food that coincided with stages of life.