Everything discussion

Start Here > Heritage - k

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Talk about your heritage here. lol. You can also include languages you speak, where you've been, where you were born, where you want/wish to be, etc.

For example, I'm an American. I speak English lol. I know Spanish...decently and ASL (American Sign Language) I'd love to go to Europe and the UK and just travel the world in general. I plan on learning more languages when I have time lol

message 2: by Magnus (new)

Magnus I know Greek and Latin, Spanish, some French, American, and I can talk in an English accent.

((if you live in america you don't speak English, you speak American.))

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

America doesn't have it's own language...does it??

message 4: by The Feline Felon (last edited Feb 27, 2016 01:48PM) (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) I'm American. I speak English and a little Dutch.
I really wanna go to Jamaica and Europe.
and I live in Montana US

message 5: by Magnus (new)

Magnus It combines all the known languages, so yes.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Parzival wrote: "It combines all the known languages, so yes."

Hm...I didn't think America had it's own language since it uses all the other languages!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Lady Vampire I want to suck ur blood may mesa do that jk u dont have a choice ( AKA ) Aeglaeca Astra wrote: "I'm American. I speak English and a little Dutch.
I really wanna go to Jamaica and Europe.
and I live in Montana US"

I live in Nebraska haha

message 8: by Magnus (new)

Magnus It counts as its own language

message 9: by callmegeek (new)

callmegeek | 28 comments I'm American born and raised.
Basically half Italian, and quarter German, quarter Scotch, with a bit of Canadian thrown in.
I speak English (US, UK, AU, and CA), Spanish (fluently), and Latin. Also many phrases French (thanks, Hamilton) and select words in German, Italian, and Gaelic.

message 10: by Nate (new)

Nate American/Brit - Born in the states, spent the early years in England, moved back to the states. (creating one hell of a screwed up accent) Both parents are of authentic English decent, both born and raised in England. I sound American with the exception of a few words, for the most part I cover the accent well. It draws too much unwanted attention.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I've had a conversation similar to this with another friend...lol. Except we were talking in Spanish, switched to English (American?) and then just started talking about language origins and whatnot haha

message 12: by callmegeek (new)

callmegeek | 28 comments Let me clarify,
American is in no way it's own language. The language that is spoken in America is officially called English (US) whereas in England it's officially called English (UK) and Australia is English (AU) and Canada has two official languages, French and English (CA)

message 13: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) Yeah if u wanna know everything I am here ya go
Scottish Irish German Danish Dutch British and i think a little French so yeah and this is all true

message 14: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) Parz is a strange one.
;) dont worry Parz I still like u :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Man I forgot to mention Canada haha. When my friend and I were talking, we were talking about the different forms of English. We mentioned Australian, American, and England

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Lady Vampire I want to suck ur blood may mesa do that jk u dont have a choice ( AKA ) Aeglaeca Astra wrote: "Parz is a strange one.
;) dont worry Parz I still like u :)"

I wish I knew all the languages he knows! That'd be awesome!!

message 17: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) oh ok

message 18: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) and Greek

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Lady Vampire I want to suck ur blood may mesa do that jk u dont have a choice ( AKA ) Aeglaeca Astra wrote: "Yeah if u wanna know everything I am here ya go
Scottish Irish German Danish Dutch British and i think a little French so yeah and this is all true"

Nice! haha

message 20: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) What does he know?

message 21: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) Artemis?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

IDK...he told us up above. A bunch of languages

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

He was one of the first comments

message 24: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) Artemis wrote: " Lady Vampire I want to suck ur blood may mesa do that jk u dont have a choice ( AKA ) Aeglaeca Astra wrote: "Yeah if u wanna know everything I am here ya go
Scottish Irish German Danish Dutch Brit..."

Yeah all on my moms side my Dada was born and raised till 15 in Holland

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow. That's cool :D

message 26: by callmegeek (new)

callmegeek | 28 comments Yo Lady Vamp, just bc someone doesn't respond within a minute doesn't mean they aren't gonna answer.

message 27: by Nate (new)

Nate My mum and sister can speak fluent French, my sister French and Italian. Me...a bit of French, German, and I had one year of Latin though don't ask me to translate anything I am by NO means fluent in any language other then English.

message 28: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) yeah what languages does he know

message 29: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) callmegeek wrote: "Yo Lady Vamp, just bc someone doesn't respond within a minute doesn't mean they aren't gonna answer."

lol I know I just wasnt sure if she say

message 30: by callmegeek (new)

callmegeek | 28 comments I just finished reading Virgil's Aeneid in the original Latin for my AP Latin class and now I'm reading Caesar's Gaullic War Commentary :D

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

He mentioned Greek, Latin, Spanish, French, American English, and he can speak in an English (British, I assume) accent

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Nate wrote: "My mum and sister can speak fluent French, my sister French and Italian. Me...a bit of French, German, and I had one year of Latin though don't ask me to translate anything I am by NO means fluent ..."

Haha. The only language I'm decent in is Spanish (minus English)

message 33: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) Oh ok I think most people can speak in British accent

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Lady Vampire I want to suck ur blood may mesa do that jk u dont have a choice ( AKA ) Aeglaeca Astra wrote: "Oh ok I think most people can speak in British accent"

Really???

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 27, 2016 02:01PM) (new)

callmegeek wrote: "I just finished reading Virgil's Aeneid in the original Latin for my AP Latin class and now I'm reading Caesar's Gaullic War Commentary :D"

Haven't heard those books

message 36: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) I can really good and others i know to

message 37: by callmegeek (new)

callmegeek | 28 comments You would think...most people butcher it though. It's hilarious. Mines decent but not great. It's v Liverpool-esque

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

callmegeek wrote: "You would think...most people butcher it though. It's hilarious. Mines decent but not great. It's v Liverpool-esque"

What?

message 39: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) lol XD

message 40: by callmegeek (new)

callmegeek | 28 comments @Art a British accent lol

message 41: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) :)

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

callmegeek wrote: "@Art a British accent lol"

Oh. Ok. lol

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice :D

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Ummm well I'm an Aussie lived in Australia all my life...apparently o have a bit of a mixed background though...I've got mainly pomy English blood, then a bit of Scottish, German and apparently I just learnt white South African as well!! But really I'm just an Australian through and through...I love using words like G'day, Crikey Mate fairdinkum true blue etc sometimes a bit of the pomy accent slips through and I sound all proper but not very often ;)!

And for some really strange reason when I'm being an idiot or telling a funny story I tend to slip into an American accent don't ask me why...I have no clue...I can't do the accent if I try but it comes out lol I'm a strange lil vegemite (also another really Aussie thing - and yes we like shortening our words as well we do it a lot - for eg McDonald's is usually referred here as Maccas and the Aussies started it...hahaha)

Anywho I'm going to leave it at that lols

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice. I've been complimented on my American accent from some friends in Nz...and I'm just like...how?? You guys are the ones with the awesome accent! haha

I've noticed that the Americans that live in the south do tend to have an accent of sorts as well. My cousin lived in Louisiana for five years. He came back to Nebraska and I would love listening to him talk. Haha. The accent's sorta faded now though. He's been in Nebraska for...3?...years I think

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice haha

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 48: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) where did Aubs go she hasnt been on in 4ever

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I no right!!!! Now both her and X are missing!! Is this a coincidence? I miss her!

message 50: by The Feline Felon (new)

The Feline Felon (bookfeline) Maybe they hooked up jkjk

« previous 1