Space Opera Fans discussion

Reader Discussions > Where are they now?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Figueroa | 2 comments Does anyone know what's happened to Robert Buettner and Steven L. Kent, are they ok, are they working on any new books, please, does anybody know anything???

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) Why not write to them and ask? Most authors like to hear from their fans, even some of the bigger names.

Robert Buettner last published something in 2014 so far as I can tell. His website says you can contact him at Author@RobertBuettner.com

Steven L. Kent released a collection of short stories in May of last year. His blog is here: http://sadsamspalace.blogspot.com/

It may be they're both still writing, but under other pen names because it's in a different genre. Big-5 publishers make authors do stupid stuff like that so that they control whether or not readers can find them. The best way to find out is to simply ask? Space Opera and a lot of the bigger military sci-fi novels take considerable time to write.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Figueroa | 2 comments Thank you Anna, I've tried both of your suggestions, in fact, Steven Kent's blogspot is no longer active......

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) ...bummer...

message 5: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie (ronnieb) | 321 comments Maybe he's busy writing?

message 6: by Conal (new)

Conal (conalo) | 143 comments It looks like it is still active to me (though not very busy). The latest response post by the author to a comment on his last blog post is from 2/17.

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) You can always try to PM them through their Goodreads Author page as well. Just make sure to delineate something snappy in the header, such as 'Inquiry from a Fan', so it doesn't get lost in some of the spammy stuff Goodreads sends to us.