What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Book with the name Lane in the title

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily | 3 comments I'm trying to remember a book I read a long time ago. The title contained the last name of Lane and it started with a G.

It was about the author narrating the story of meeting and bullying an outcast girl named Lane. Lane is depressed and I believe cuts herself. The author eventually feels bad for bullying Lane and befriends her, finding out she's suicidal. I believe the author eventually tries to stop Lane from committing suicide.

message 2: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Meakin | 34 comments Could it be I Swear by Lane Davis? I Swear https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 3 comments I don't think so. The name Lane was part of the title of the book

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
What is a long time ago? 2 years? 20 years?

Author male or female? Nonfiction? Cover art/design? Children's, YA, adult?

message 5: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments I just typed in the word Lane and then clicked on the title of book option and 100 pages of suggestions came up. Perhaps you could try that to find your book.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 3 comments I'll try that! Thank you!!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34351 comments Mod
A guess - The Exile of Gigi Lane by Adrienne Maria Vrettos?

Lobstergirl asked some good questions in #4. Around what year did you read this book? "A long time ago" means a lot of different things to different people. This will help narrow down the search.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
What Happened to Lani Garver?

It's almost Lane, and her last name starts with G. It does have a character who regrets behavior. Lani is tormented by others.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Emily, are you still looking for this or did you find it?