Sci-Fi & Fantasy Girlz discussion

The Weird, Fun, & Miscellaneous > The Eleventh Plague

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gary (last edited Feb 27, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Gary | 1471 comments In case anyone was wondering, the Biblical Plagues of Egypt are:

1. Water into Blood: Ex. 7:14–24
2. Raining Frogs: Ex. 7:25–8:15
3. Infestation of Lice: Ex. 8:16–19
4. Swarms of Flies: Ex. 8:20–32
5. Diseased livestock: Ex. 9:1–7
6. Infection with Boils: Ex. 9:8–12
7. Thunderstorm of Hail and Fire: Ex. 9:13–35
8. Swarms of Locusts: Ex. 10:1–20
9. Blotting the Sun: Ex. 10:21–29
10. Death of Firstbornֹ: Ex. 11:1–12:36
11. Gods of Egypt Opening Weekend: $12-13 million

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/god...

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 657 comments It's awful.

message 3: by Gary (new)

Gary | 1471 comments Amber wrote: "It's awful."

Did you see it?

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 657 comments Not yet, but all you gotta do is watch the trailer. If trailers show the best parts of a movie and even THOSE are awful, you kinda already know how damn bad the movie's gonna be ahead of time. Not to mention the fact that all the actors are white.

message 5: by Gary (new)

Gary | 1471 comments I'll probably end up at least trying to watch it out of sheer morbid curiosity. I don't want to hand them any money, though, for the reasons you mention. Not that my $8-11 is going to tip the scales or anything, but why bother bothering? It's clearly cable TV fodder sooner rather than later.

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 657 comments That's what my Dad said about the 1979 Disney movie The Black Hole, Gary. He was wrong. To the best of my knowledge it has been played just ONCE on cable TV and that was on the Disney Channel during their earliest days when it had no commercials yet. And had only been in business maybe two years. In other words this was back in the EARLY to mid 1980's.

message 7: by Gary (new)

Gary | 1471 comments I could swear I've seen The Black Hole on cable more than once.... But it's not something I'm worried about either way. My interest in crap movies isn't such that I worry much about missing them.

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 657 comments LOL. Neither is mine.