Shounen Manga Book Club discussion

Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro, Vol. 1
This topic is about Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro, Vol. 1
Group Reads > Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro Discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 224 comments Discuss Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro here!

Regularly mistaken for a boy and/or vampire, the traveler Kuro roams the land, clothed in black from head to toe, a Kuro-sized coffin on her back. Accompanied by her snarky bat friend, Sen, the mysterious duo meets all sorts of individuals en route - some good, some evil, some just plain crazy! But Kuro never stays in one place for long, begging the question: What exactly is she searching for? And what exactly does she intend to do with that coffin?

Selena (sailorstar165) | 389 comments Mod
I just finished volume three.

I really like this series. It's dark, funny, sad, and lovable, all at the same time. How often do you get all four of those in one story and have it still be good.

By the by, the fourth volume is being released this fall. :D

Mike | 239 comments Mod
Kuro is quite an odd series, but I really like it. Using the 4-koma style for a dramatic story is unusual and a bit jarring sometimes, but it works overall. Totally agree with Selena that it's very unusual to get something so equally funny and poignant.

The art is excellent, although a bit busy at times. I wish it could all be in color, as the colored pages are incredible.

Mike | 239 comments Mod
Volume 4 is out!!! :) Will be nice to get back to this and (hopefully) find out more about Kuro's situation/past.

^ I saw! I'm waiting for my library to get it. :D

Mike | 239 comments Mod
Hope you get to read it soon. Was FANTASTIC.

Sadly, no one's gotten it in their library collection yet... I get the feeling that they may have forgotten about it in the years it wasn't published. I may have to buy it if I'm going to read it.