RLT Reads discussion

a mercy discussion > Book Discussion for a mercy Mon Feb 29, 2016

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rae (new)

Rae Lewis-Thornton (goodreadscomraelt) | 16 comments Mod
I'm setting the date for the Discussion, Feb 29th at 7:30 EST.

We will meet here at our group site on Goodreads.... In the future, I would like for us pick a Sunday evening for our discussion.

Don't forget to pickup Feb book Corregidora you should be able to get a cheap used copy off Amazon
Namaste
Rae LT

message 2: by Rae (new)

Good Evening!! Who's with me so far?

message 3: by Tyneka (new)

Tyneka Kearse (keepcalmandgimmeabook) | 3 comments Im here! lol

message 4: by Rae (new)

What did you think of the book?

message 5: by Rae (new)

I hope everyone read the notes I sent about religion on the book. It's an interesting framework for the book... What did you think?

message 6: by Tyneka (new)

Tyneka Kearse (keepcalmandgimmeabook) | 3 comments it was very different and i found it to be somewhat difficult to read.

message 7: by Rae (new)

Which character did you find most compelling?

message 8: by Rae (new)

I agree! I didn't like the story telling method at all. I kept getting confused and back tracking.

message 9: by Rae (last edited Feb 29, 2016 04:59PM) (new)

It wasn't to the very end that it all made sense. But it was a profound story.

message 10: by Tyneka (new)

Tyneka Kearse (keepcalmandgimmeabook) | 3 comments You know, I think out of all of the main characters, I was drawn to a few different characters for different reasons. I was drawn to Florens because of all that she experienced at such a young age, but more than anyone, I loved Lina's character most because out of all of them, she was the strong-willed one. When the people who took her in left her without hesitation, she found a way to live and worked for Jacob Vaark and his wife. When things got bad, she always seemed to find a way to make things work. She, in my opinion, was the glue that held everything and everyone together while Jacob Vaark was alive....

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 1 comments I love the details in creating the characters and the locations. It has been a challenging read, I also found a breakdown from some professors that helped me to pick up on who was who. Toni is good for making you think quite a bit about what you are reading.