The Secret Life of Bookworms discussion

Group chats! > Monthly Book Sharing Zone!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Holly, Owner Of Group (new)

Holly Sparks (hollygal123) | 54 comments Mod
Hey guys!

This is where we can dive straight into the book of the month, leave our thoughts, views and feedback as we read through! This will contain spoilers as we all like to rant about books, so if you do not want any of the books spoilt for you then please leave your thoughts until you've finished reading so you can join in the discussion!

We'd love to hear what you guys think of each monthly book and we'd all love to hear how much you either loved or hated it! All thoughts welcome and will help us pick books in the future for the polls!

Happy reading everyone!

The Secret Life Of Bookworms xx

message 2: by book_lande, Moderator (new)

book_lande | 29 comments Mod
It's the 1st!!!!! I can't wait to start reading Shadow and Bone after I finish Love, Rosie!!!!!! Is anyone starting it today?

message 3: by Holly, Owner Of Group (new)

book_lande wrote: "It's the 1st!!!!! I can't wait to start reading Shadow and Bone after I finish Love, Rosie!!!!!! Is anyone starting it today? "

I will be starting it today! I cannot wait as the book looks so great!!

message 4: by book_lande, Moderator (new)

Holly wrote: "book_lande wrote: "It's the 1st!!!!! I can't wait to start reading Shadow and Bone after I finish Love, Rosie!!!!!! Is anyone starting it today? "

I will be starting it today! I cannot wait as the..."

I can't wait either!! And I can't wait to talk all about it on here with everyone!!!

message 5: by David (new)

David Schafer-Griffus | 24 comments Mod
I preferred mine a few days ago so I should be getting it soon and then I will start reading. Definitely looking forward to reading it!

message 6: by David (new)

Ordered*

message 7: by Wayward Skyril (new)

Wayward Skyril book_lande wrote: "It's the 1st!!!!! I can't wait to start reading Shadow and Bone after I finish Love, Rosie!!!!!! Is anyone starting it today? "

Well, I already read it a while ago, but it's been so long that I don't remember a lot of it. So I would start it if I knew where it was. -_- Unfortunately, I'm in the process of moving [a very long, drawn-out process xD] and it's in a box somewhere in the other house out of state. ~sighs~ If I can find it next time I'm over there, I'll read it then.

By the way, it's technically still the 29th of February.
Happy Leap Year!

message 8: by book_lande, Moderator (new)

book_lande wrote: "Holly wrote: "book_lande wrote: "It's the 1st!!!!! I can't wait to start reading Shadow and Bone after I finish Love, Rosie!!!!!! Is anyone starting it today? "

I will be starting it today! I cann..."

Yay, glad to hear that!!!!!! Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts!!

message 9: by book_lande, Moderator (new)

Skyril wrote: "book_lande wrote: "It's the 1st!!!!! I can't wait to start reading Shadow and Bone after I finish Love, Rosie!!!!!! Is anyone starting it today? "

Well, I already read it a while ago, but it's bee..."

Hehe that's okay! After reading some discussions about the book it may kick start your memory and you can just talk about it with us! Unless you find it before April!!!!

Oh whoops haha here in Australia it's the first!!! Happy leap year to you!! ☺️

message 10: by Holly, Owner Of Group (new)

Skyril wrote: "book_lande wrote: "It's the 1st!!!!! I can't wait to start reading Shadow and Bone after I finish Love, Rosie!!!!!! Is anyone starting it today? "

Well, I already read it a while ago, but it's bee..."

Yes it's still the 29th here in England still but where some of you live it's the 1st!! Hehe.

Ah I see, well let's hope that you can find it again! If you can't, then not to worry as there are always other books you can choose from the previous poll if you'd like?

Holly x

message 11: by Holly, Owner Of Group (new)

David wrote: "Ordered*"

Hey David, that's great!

I can't wait to read it too so I do hope you enjoy this months book!

message 12: by Wayward Skyril (new)

Wayward Skyril book_lande wrote: "Skyril wrote: "book_lande wrote: "It's the 1st!!!!! I can't wait to start reading Shadow and Bone after I finish Love, Rosie!!!!!! Is anyone starting it today? "

Well, I already read it a while ag..."

Lol, yeah, that's true. I'll probably remember it when y'all start talking about it. Although, it would be good to have a refresher, anyway, since I never got around to reading the sequels.

I'm terrible at that, always starting trilogies/series and never finishing them xD

Cool, you live in Australia? Whereabouts? I have a friend who lives near Adelaide. We met, like, forever ago on my favorite author's blog and have been friends ever since :]

message 13: by Wayward Skyril (new)

Wayward Skyril Holly wrote: "Skyril wrote: "book_lande wrote: "It's the 1st!!!!! I can't wait to start reading Shadow and Bone after I finish Love, Rosie!!!!!! Is anyone starting it today? "

Well, I already read it a while ag..."

Wow, I had no idea you lived in England! How about that. Here we three are from three different countries, talking about reading the same book.

I love books. They bring people together.

message 14: by book_lande, Moderator (new)

Skyril wrote: "book_lande wrote: "Skyril wrote: "book_lande wrote: "It's the 1st!!!!! I can't wait to start reading Shadow and Bone after I finish Love, Rosie!!!!!! Is anyone starting it today? "

Well, I already..."

I live in Queensland!! But I may be moving to near Adelaide in a month!!!!!

message 15: by Holly, Owner Of Group (new)

Skyril wrote: "Holly wrote: "Skyril wrote: "book_lande wrote: "It's the 1st!!!!! I can't wait to start reading Shadow and Bone after I finish Love, Rosie!!!!!! Is anyone starting it today? "

Well, I already read..."

They do! We are reading it all the way around the world! It's wonderful to think about it really, it's great when we can all share the same love of books!

Yeah, England is great alothough I'm really looking forward to summer as it's so cold here at the moment! I have like three layers on as I type this LOL

message 16: by Wayward Skyril (new)

Wayward Skyril book_lande wrote: "Skyril wrote: "book_lande wrote: "Skyril wrote: "book_lande wrote: "It's the 1st!!!!! I can't wait to start reading Shadow and Bone after I finish Love, Rosie!!!!!! Is anyone starting it today? "

..."

Awesome! Well, I'm glad to know you :D
I live in Louisiana
It must be early there, right? My friend always gets up late so I rarely see him online at this time, lol. Good morning! It's about 3 in the afternoon here.

message 17: by Wayward Skyril (new)

Wayward Skyril Holly wrote: "Skyril wrote: "Holly wrote: "Skyril wrote: "book_lande wrote: "It's the 1st!!!!! I can't wait to start reading Shadow and Bone after I finish Love, Rosie!!!!!! Is anyone starting it today? "

Well,..."

Lol, yeah, I've heard of England's notoriously cold and rainy weather. I'll certainly take the rainy part ;]
I'll even take the cold part, lol. I live in Louisiana where it's usually very hot and very humid. At the moment, it's 74 degrees. Spring has sprung down south.

Really, though, the weather could never make up its mind this year, and there were trees blooming off and on all throughout "winter." I think they were really confused.

message 18: by Lynell (new)

Lynell Burkholder (nellagainsttheworld) Ordered and expected delivery by tomorrow I can't wait!! I have such high hopes!!

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rache_lou) Friends getting me the whole series as a present, so excited!

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rache_lou) Also from England and I agree, rainy walk home today not nice

message 21: by Lynell (new)

Lynell Burkholder (nellagainsttheworld) Down south is always warm lol I live in Pennsylvania so it's like kinda cold a lot of the time it needs to be spring soon :3

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rache_lou) Okay guys I just finished Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness and I cannot even begin to express the emotional trauma I have just been to.

All I can say is, and I do not say this lightly, honestly the best book I have EVER read, EVER!

message 23: by Holly, Owner Of Group (new)

Rachel wrote: "Friends getting me the whole series as a present, so excited!"

Lynell wrote: "Ordered and expected delivery by tomorrow I can't wait!! I have such high hopes!! "

Ahhh! I've started to read Shadow and Bone and it is AMAZING, there's a lot to take in but wow, it's an awesome book so far! Only on chapter five :)

message 24: by book_lande, Moderator (new)

Hey guys!!! How are you all liking Shadow and Bone?? ☺️

message 25: by Holly, Owner Of Group (new)

book_lande wrote: "Hey guys!!! How are you all liking Shadow and Bone?? ☺️"

Loving it to pieces! How about you?

message 26: by book_lande, Moderator (new)

Holly wrote: "book_lande wrote: "Hey guys!!! How are you all liking Shadow and Bone?? ☺️"

Loving it to pieces! How about you?"

Its so great!!! I'm only a tiny bit through but i'm hoping to read at least half or more today after all my homework!!!!!

message 27: by book_lande, Moderator (new)

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!

message 28: by book_lande, Moderator (new)

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!

message 29: by book_lande, Moderator (new)

I just finished Shadow and Bone and oh my gosh, I can not wait to read the second! I LOVED IT SO MUCH!

message 30: by Holly, Owner Of Group (new)

It was amazing!! I've left a review about it and I seriously cannot wait to read book two!

message 31: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rache_lou) Mine still hasn't arrived

message 32: by David (new)

I'm just over half through and I don't have time to put it down to even talk about it.... See you when I'm done :-)

message 33: by Holly, Owner Of Group (new)

How's everyone enjoying Shadow and Bone?

I've just ordered the second book....whoops!

message 34: by David (new)

I absolutely LOVED it! Definitely getting the next one asap!

message 35: by Lynell (new)

Lynell Burkholder (nellagainsttheworld) I just finished the second book and omg do I need the third like asap because I'm in such internal turmoil and it's awful!!!

message 36: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rache_lou) Finally got my books, I can now start yay xx

message 37: by Holly, Owner Of Group (new)

Rachel wrote: "Finally got my books, I can now start yay xx"

Lynell wrote: "I just finished the second book and omg do I need the third like asap because I'm in such internal turmoil and it's awful!!!"

David wrote: "I absolutely LOVED it! Definitely getting the next one asap!"

David, me too!! It is seriously such a good series and I really do not blame you for wanting the second as mine has just turned up in the post today ;)

Lynell, it's an amazing trilogy! The books are just so magical, do you think the second is as good as the first?

Rachel, Yay! Hopefully you will enjoy this months read :D

message 38: by Lynell (new)

Lynell Burkholder (nellagainsttheworld) Holly the second one was just as good as the first one and I just bought and started the third last night,, but the only thing that irritated me was the way Mal treated Alina.. I don't wanna spoil anything if you haven't read it yet but sometimes I had almost wished she would've went with the Darkling

message 39: by Holly, Owner Of Group (new)

Lynell wrote: "Holly the second one was just as good as the first one and I just bought and started the third last night,, but the only thing that irritated me was the way Mal treated Alina.. I don't wanna spoil ..."

Oh wow! I seriously cannot wait to read it then...I'm planning to start the second book on Sunday and I will be jumping up and down with excitment until then! Hmm, I hope the second book doesn't put me off of Mal as I really liked him in the first book, but the Darkling is sorta...alluring shall I say? ;)

message 40: by Lynell (new)

Lynell Burkholder (nellagainsttheworld) Alluring is totally the right word but I love Mal too.. It's just so hard to decide.. :(

message 41: by Lynell (new)

Lynell Burkholder (nellagainsttheworld) Alluring is totally the right word but I love Mal too.. It's just so hard to decide.. :(

message 42: by Lynell (new)

message 43: by Lynell (new)

message 44: by Lynell (new)

message 45: by Lynell (new)

message 46: by Lynell (new)

message 47: by Lynell (new)

message 48: by Holly, Owner Of Group (new)

Lynell wrote: "Alluring is totally the right word but I love Mal too.. It's just so hard to decide.. :("

Yes, I totally agree! They both have their ups and downs hehe!

I'm starting book 2 tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited :D

message 49: by Mia (new)

Mia (pens-and-parchment) | 8 comments Lynell wrote: "Holly the second one was just as good as the first one and I just bought and started the third last night,, but the only thing that irritated me was the way Mal treated Alina.. I don't wanna spoil ..."

I've read the whole trilogy and I totally understand what you mean with how Mal behaved in Siege and Storm!! I've read the series twice and quite frankly I still don't know what to make of his behavior in the sequel. But Siege and Storm is still my favorite of the whole trilogy!! I hope you enjoy Ruin and Rising! It definitely has a different tone to it than the previous books in my opinion, but it's a really good conclusion to such a fantastic series :)

message 50: by Mia (new)

Mia (pens-and-parchment) | 8 comments Holly wrote: "Lynell wrote: "Holly the second one was just as good as the first one and I just bought and started the third last night,, but the only thing that irritated me was the way Mal treated Alina.. I don..."

You will not be disappointed with the second book Holly, Siege and Storm is by far my favorite of the whole trilogy! And although Mal definitely shows some change, I still really enjoyed reading about his character. My favorite character is also introduced, and I think you will find him charming to say the least!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. And as for Mal vs the Darkling, I am a complete Team Darkling member over here!! He may be evil but I don't know how Alina resists his, as you said, allure. ;)

« previous 1