Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Crime Novel 80,000 words, 2nd round

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tony (last edited Apr 30, 2014 05:30AM) (new)

Tony Denn (tonydenn) Hi, I have a crime novel in need of beta readers. I already received some good feedback, but after making a number of changes, partly as a result of round one and partly from my (admittedly free) editor, I now have an updated version. The last version wasn't line-checked, but this one should be far tidier.

I don't need full-on detailed line-by-line grammar/spelling checks, but I'll happily look at anything glaringly bad. The main feedback I am looking for is:

- General story comments, ie, does it work, hold together?
- Inconsistencies in plot, chronology, that sort of thing. I had a few in my previous version, so I hope I've caught them all.
- Do any characters need fleshing out more?
- Britishisms: I'm working in Britain on an American-set novel. I have a good eye/ear for American-English and run any slang etc through a U.S. urban dictionary, but there is only so much you can do with a U.S. spell-checker, EG, I shouldn't mix up trunks and boots in cars, but also I found a couple of British turns of phrase in there before. Anything that doesn't sound American, do flag it up.

If you would like to help, I can send in epub, PDF, mobi format, or whatever you like, really. Just let me know.

"Never the Sinner"

A dead cult leader

Friends and allies keeping secrets

A devout detective seeking the truth

When Hope P.D. detective Roland Recht is assigned the murder of a local cult leader, it seems obvious that a former member must be responsible.

But an off-duty personal attack leads Recht and his partner from their small Nevada town to the heart of a Reno crime family, and events threaten to make enemies in places where there should only be friends.

With the evidence not matching his interpretation of the mounting crimes, and his devout Christian beliefs clashing with the law and his superiors, Recht must follow his conscience, ensuring justice is done even if it means he can be a cop no more.

I also have a website which is still a work in progress http://tonydenn.com/

message 2: by Steve (new)

Steve Bergeron (writer66) | 51 comments interested in helping out send preferably .doc document to pandaproof47@gmail.com

message 3: by Tony (new)

Tony Denn (tonydenn) Just bumping this the once. Promise I won't keep on doing it.

Thanks to Steve already, he's in possession of this.

message 4: by Pat (new)

Pat | 3 comments I write American crime fiction. I'd love to Beta it. mobi please pat.mysterywriter@Gmail.com