Coffee and a Good Book discussion

Reading

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maryellen (new)

Maryellen (purplebookdragon88) | 3 comments What is everyone reading today?

I have been dealing with a book hangover after finishing The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I started The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins yesterday and feel like I am going to spiral straight into another hangover.

message 2: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 2 comments I loved both of those books too. I'm reading A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin, and A Man Called Ove is my side read.

message 3: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra The Girl on the Train is really good! It started a bit slow for me but then really picked up! The Nightingale is on my tbr list.
I am reading Jane Eyre and kinda having a slow time with it because i know the story but won't give it up! Also reading Small Blessings by Martha Woodroof and its really good so far!

message 4: by Allison (new)

Allison I just finished Sleepy Hollow: General of the Dead. An absolute page-turner for me. Loved it and now will have to wait for the 4th book in the series to come out.

I did like The Girl on the Train. It started slow but then got better.

Currently reading Maids of Misfortune (A Victorian San Francisco Mystery) and then will probably move onto something lighter, Hidden Mickey 5: Chasing New Frontiers.

message 5: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra I think i have one of the maids of misfortune books on my kindle!

message 6: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceyadams) | 1 comments I'm currently reading Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin in paperback, Betty White In Person in hardcover, and The Twelve Tribes of Hattie on my Kindle. The Nightingale and The Girl on the Train are both on my TBR list, though. I've read great reviews for them and hope to get to them sooner rather than later.

message 7: by Glenna (new)

Glenna Pritchett I`m reading A Clash of Kings right now. I`m about halfway through. My next book will be The Chosen by Chaim Potok, my March challenge selection.

message 8: by Angelique (new)

Angelique | 1 comments I just finished reading The Revenant. And about to start Brooklyn. I'm in an Oscars state of mind!

message 9: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra I want to read Brooklyn!

message 10: by Tatum (new)

Tatum Rangel (trangel1) | 1 comments I'm reading "Double Switch," by T.T. Monday.

message 11: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (booklovinglibra) | 3 comments Still working on A Man Called Ove. Really enjoying it!

message 12: by Marjo (new)

Marjo Loyens (marjo56) | 5 comments Kimberly wrote: "Still working on A Man Called Ove. Really enjoying it!"

I don't know why, but this book made me feel really uncomfortable.

message 13: by Glenna (new)

Glenna Pritchett Marjo wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Still working on A Man Called Ove. Really enjoying it!"

I don't know why, but this book made me feel really uncomfortable."

I understand, Marjo. I felt terribly sad through the whole book.

message 14: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Thanks to this group I just started reading Cinder because so many have recommended it and I am loving it!

message 15: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Oh i want to read Cinder sometime! Glad you are enjoying it Shelly!

message 16: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizduggan4600) | 2 comments I just started Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

message 17: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (booklovinglibra) | 3 comments I've moved on to an older Jodi Picoult book- Keeping Faith.

message 18: by Molly Anna (new)

Molly Anna (molly_anna) | 1 comments I'm trying to get through The Lake House by Kate Morton before the end of the month but only about a third of the way finished. It's for another group I belong to on GR. Really enjoying it so far, though. It's my first Kate Morton.

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahjmoore) | 1 comments I'm currently reading "The Golden Son" by Shilpi Somaya Gowda. So far so good! I liked another of her books, "The Secret Daughter".

message 20: by Glenna (new)

Glenna Pritchett I'm going back a few years, just starting The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty. It won a Pulitzer so it should be good, right?? :-)

message 21: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisancandice) Reading Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys, it is fantastic!

message 22: by Marjo (new)

Marjo Loyens (marjo56) | 5 comments Gentleman and Players by Joanne Harris, so far so good.

message 23: by Debra (new)

Debra | 4 comments I am reading Duma Key by Stephen King. ...it's been a page turner :)

Carol (Reading Ladies) (carolreadingladies) | 1 comments Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult

message 25: by Debra (new)

Debra | 4 comments I am doing a reread of The Witching Hour by Anne Rice. I am loving it all over again. :)

message 26: by Kim (new)

Kim Galla (catmommie) I'm reading Coal Riverand listening to Espresso Shot

message 27: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisancandice) Reading Breath of Fire by Amanda Bouchet

message 28: by Ineke (new)

Ineke van Mackelenbergh | 1 comments I'm still into Blindsighted by Karen Slaughter

message 29: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolsparks) | 1 comments my arc copy of behind her eyes by sarah pinborough

message 30: by Lynda (new)

Lynda I am reading An Assembly Such as This: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman, by Pamela Aiden. I plan to follow with the next two books in the trilogy. I love Austen sequels and fan fiction.