Brantford Public Library's Online Book Club discussion

Book News > UNDER-RATED Books

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brantford (last edited Feb 27, 2016 07:50AM) (new)

Brantford Public Library | 453 comments Mod
With so many reading choices out there, many great books seem to fall through the cracks.

Do you have a book that you just love, but that no one else seems to know about? Books or authors that you think are under rated?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna (iudita) | 450 comments I have always thought my reading taste was a bit different from most other peoples so I have had many situations where I absolutely loved a book but couldn't imagine who I would recommend it to.
One author in particular is Ki Longfellow. She writes all sorts of different things but the two titles I have in mind are called The Secret Magdalene and another called Flow Down Like Silver. The ending in Magdalene took my breath away and Flow Down Like Silver is just a beautifully written, gorgeous piece of historical fiction about the real life woman called Hypatia who was a famous mathematician in Egypt. (See???- it sounds boring when I describe it). Ki Longfellow's writing is utterly beautiful. Especially when she does female characters. I would read whole passages of these books over and over again just because I loved the flow of words.