What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Medieval Fantasy. Full novel . kid on the run, starts in tavern, meets Shapechanger veteran, wolves? Magic.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ricardo (last edited Feb 11, 2019 02:40AM) (new)

Ricardo Walker (ricardo33) | 5 comments Adult Fantasy, Magic,
Medieval?
The cover had a panorama far away castle on a hill top left , and bottom right, a group is headed towards it through snow.
Borrowed from library in 2011 or 2010, no later.

Medieval Fantasy NOVEL for Adults.
Begins with a Naive Kid on the run, starts in tavern, meets Shapechanger(woman?) veteran, wolves? Magic.

There seemed to be some sexual tension/flirting with the shape changer maybe.

Soon after they both are around a camp fire with an experienced crew. They have magic.
There seems to be something significant about wolves or fear of wolves. The veteran might be fairy?

Plot device I remember clearly.- Before arriving at a certain castle one woman disguises herself, magically, to change her appearance. She impersonates someone known well to the castle owner. .

I only read a few chapters and somehow lost the borrowed book.
I borrowed this book from a library before 2011. Full length. No idea if it was a new book or a well-preserved donation to the Library.

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2357 comments Ricardo, was this an adult book or YA? At the time you read it, do you recall if it was a new book or an older one? Whether it was a long book or a shortish one? Do you remember how old the main character was, and/or why he was on the run? Was there any magic involved?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33390 comments Mod
Ricardo, I moved your request to the Unsolved folder because you're looking for a specific book.

message 4: by Ricardo (last edited Feb 27, 2016 12:05PM) (new)

Ricardo Walker (ricardo33) | 5 comments Kris wrote: "Ricardo, I moved your request to the Unsolved folder because you're looking for a specific book."

Thanks. I thought I posted in unsolved. Sorry.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Ricardo, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Ricardo (new)

Ricardo Walker (ricardo33) | 5 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Ricardo, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

Yes! It was a full length novel/series I found in the library. I really wanna find it and read more. I returned and promptly forgot about it before I finished reading!

message 7: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 875 comments Could it be Charles de Lint’s Wolf Moon?

message 8: by Ricardo (new)

Ricardo Walker (ricardo33) | 5 comments No. Another detail I'm adding is that it is firmly Fantasy. I remember the cover having a group of people bottom right heading thru snow up to a castle. Very colorful. This also mirrors the main plot device in the beginning of the group the main character joins early on heading to meet someone hut one lady disguises herself by magically putting a disguise on her face. The wolf thing is hinted at barely in those pages and not a central plot device.

message 9: by Ricardo (new)

Ricardo Walker (ricardo33) | 5 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Ricardo, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

Ricardo wrote: "Kris wrote: "Ricardo, I moved your request to the Unsolved folder because you're looking for a specific book."

Thanks. I thought I posted in unsolved. Sorry."

Still looking!

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Ricardo ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 176 where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 11: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33390 comments Mod
Ricardo, is the kid the main character? Can you well us more about him - age, rich/poor, parents, why he's on the run, personality, skills/interests, etc.?