What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Story about an atheist and a Christian love story

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (last edited Feb 27, 2016 03:51AM) (new)

Amy Diaz | 224 comments Not a Christian novel please! Just a novel YA or contemporary novel about a Christian who falls in love with an atheist who changes each other but no converting just different point of views on life, living and love.

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2359 comments What an interesting category of books! I hope people have some suggestions for you as I'd like to read something like that too.

message 3: by Hillary (new)

Hillary | 274 comments Hmmmm, I don't know if this quite fits, but the Linda Walheim mystery series starting with The Bishop’s Wife features Linda, who grew up Mormon, then became disillusioned with the church and was an atheist for a time, then came back to the church when she fell in love with her husband. They are mysteries set in the Mormon community in Utah, and her struggles to reconcile husband, God, religious practice, and her own beliefs are a core part of both books. He didn't convert her, she came back to the church she had left.

message 4: by Melanti (new)

Melanti | 333 comments Probably not what you're looking for but Graham Greene writes some interesting fiction that just happens to involve Catholicism and often other religious points of view including atheism.

Out of his that I've read, The End of the Affair most closely matches what you've requested. Though, (as you can probably tell from the title) there's not a typical romantic happy ending.