Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Noms & Newsletters > April 2016 - Nominations

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments This is the nominations thread for Book of the Month for April 2016. Please be aware of the following rules:

1) Authors aren't allowed to nominate their own books and your post will be deleted (feel free to post in the authors' threads on our site) and you might be banned from the site!
2) 1 book suggestion/nomination per person
3) First come, first serve. So whoever gets their nomination for a book in first, gets dibs on that book
4) A book in a series is fine
5) Please be mindful that recent books might not be readily available (yet) and be mindful that your suggestion is available in multiple formats. Please do NOT suggest books that haven't been published yet. Please do NOT suggest books that are only available in Kindle or ebook format!
6) Please check that a book hasn't already been read by checking our unread section of the bookshelf (it's not a 100%, I'm working on it).
7) The nominators of the top 3 voted books agree to lead the discussion thread for the month on their nominated book.
8) Nominators need to have participated in our group for at least 2 months and shown to have participated in several threads (ie not just nominating books). Sorry, we have had some trolls lately trying to nominate the same book all over Goodreads and this hopefully stops some of that.

Any questions, either PM me or post a message on the thread.
The nominations will run until the 18th of March 2016 and for voting to commence soon after.

message 3: by Marion (new)

Marion Mlodynia | 573 comments I nominate "Orphan X" by Gregg Hurwitz

message 4: by Suzy (new)

message 5: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen Anaka (meaz7) | 63 comments I nominate The Widow by Fiona Barton.

message 6: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Esplin New here, so sorry if you guys already did this one... I nominate Summit Lake by Charlie Donlea

message 7: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Icewineanne | 670 comments Mod
Suzy wrote: "I nominate Detective Inspector Huss."

I've wanted to read this for sometime. Read terrific reviews about this series. It would be so much fun to read as a group...

message 8: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

message 9: by Ron (new)

Ron (ronb626) | 3769 comments Marion wrote: "I nominate "Orphan X" by Gregg Hurwitz"

That is one that I've been looking at for a little bit, now. When voting comes up,, I believe I'll vote for it.

message 10: by Mamta (new)

Mamta Pari | 1 comments Gem wrote: "I nominate The Hound of the Baskervilles."
Me too :)

message 11: by Suzy (new)

Suzy (goodreadscomsuzy_hillard) Icewineanne wrote: "Suzy wrote: "I nominate Detective Inspector Huss."

I've wanted to read this for sometime. Read terrific reviews about this series. It would be so much fun to read as a group..."

Me too, Anne! There are 2 votes at least :)

message 12: by Chava (last edited Mar 19, 2016 03:24AM) (new)

Chava | 2788 comments How I Lost You

*EDIT*
I am actually withdrawing this nomination. I didn't like the book and wouldn't want anyone to read it and be disappointed as part of a possible BOTM

message 14: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments Esther wrote: "The House of Silk"

Hi Esther,
Sorry, but this one has been a BOTM in the past. Is there another book you could nominate?

message 15: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments NOMINATIONS CLOSED

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.