Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

The Camel Club (The Camel Club #1)
This topic is about The Camel Club
Archive - Group Reads > Camel Club, The - March 2016

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments This is the thread for the discussion of The camel club by David Baldacci. Your moderator is Janessa.

Sonya marie madden | 60 comments I'll read this again

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 601 comments I'll join the discussion once I get my book.

message 4: by Marion (new)

Marion Mlodynia | 573 comments HNR - will look for it in the library

message 5: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 2216 comments Hi I'm Janessa your moderator for The Camel Club by David Baldacci for the month of March. Welcome all to the discussion. I will be reading the book with all of you.

message 6: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gem  | 1250 comments Mod
I in the library this morning and was able to secure a copy of The Camel Club. I've never read Baldacci before, hopefully this book will be a good as I anticipate it to be.

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris (ChrisCrow) | 3 comments I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment with my current obligations of requested reviews. This one looks promising though! I may join in this month if I can push through and finish up some prior obligations.

Sonya marie madden | 60 comments The camel club was very good

message 9: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 2216 comments The Camel Club deals with conspiracy theories. Are there any conspiracies that you believe in? What makes it a conspiracy? Are there some conspiracies that you find so far out there that you think "no way is that true"? Have you ever known a conspiracy nut like the characters in the book? Would you want to know someone like the characters in the book?
These are just a few questions that I thought might be fun to keep in the back of our heads as we read.

message 10: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (last edited Mar 05, 2016 07:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gem  | 1250 comments Mod
Janessa said, "The Camel Club deals with conspiracy theories." Admittedly conspiracy theories are not my thing, but it is interesting to watch this unfold in the story.

message 11: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 1477 comments Loved THE CAMEL CLUB series by David Baldacci.

message 12: by Huma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Huma | 51 comments I have read all of Camel Club books published so far and liked all of them. The librarian character, Caleb Shaw, is a very interesting character and quite an unwilling part of this club.

message 13: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gem  | 1250 comments Mod
This was a good book, I enjoyed reading it. Lots of plot twists which I didn't expect.

message 14: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 2216 comments Just checking in to see how everyone is enjoying the book so far.

message 15: by Elwood (new)

Elwood | 1 comments Loved the whole camel club series and have ,and still reading all of Baldaccl's books

message 16: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 2216 comments I myself am new to the author's works. The Camel Club is my first. What are some other works by David Baldacci that some of you have enjoyed?
Funny story, when I went to Barnes And Nobles to buy my copy of the book I headed straight for the mystery section. I looked and looked and couldn't see it. I then asked a bookseller, who took me to the fiction/literature section and there it was. Turns out Baldacci is a thriller writer he is market under fiction, not mystery, which I thinks is strange, because I seem to lump those two genres together. Form what I understand that is how the publisher markets his book, not Barnes And Nobles.