Best Fantasy Books Subgenre Reading Challenge discussion

Sword and Sorcery Fantasy > Which exact stories are we reading?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David Finn (new)

David Finn | 6 comments Hi everybody, sorry my first doing a challenge! Which stories are we actually reading? I have all the Conan stories on my iPad in the deleay editions and I'm keen to read along as its been a few years since I read them! So I would appreciate knowing what we are doing so I can read the right stories! Also if anybody is interested I've written two epic fantasy/adventure books myself and my Amazon profile cites the Conan stories as an influence/inspiration in the first sentence! In the spirits of all things Conan, id be happy to offer a kindle gift copy to anybody in this group who is interested!
Demorn: Blade of Exile
Demorn: City of Innocents

Thanks, David

message 2: by Christie (new)

Christie Stratos (christiestratos) | 94 comments Mod
David wrote: "Hi everybody, sorry my first doing a challenge! Which stories are we actually reading? I have all the Conan stories on my iPad in the deleay editions and I'm keen to read along as its been a few ye..."

Hi David! Welcome to the challenge! It's awesome that you have all the Conan stories. I'm really looking forward to reading such a classic. The list only includes the first original Conan book, but if you read more than one, I'd love to hear your thoughts on them and whether they stay within the sword-and-sorcery subgenre or expand outside of it.

Thanks for offering your book for free! I'd love a Kindle copy of the first one. I assume your books are also sword-and-sorcery then? Very exciting!

message 3: by David Finn (new)

David Finn | 6 comments Hi Christie! Awesome! Well there's a few editions but they are basically all short stories and a couple of novellas so it's pretty cool! - I'm happy to go with the flow! I believe that "the coming of the cimmerian" is considered the first lot of books! Yep Christie there's a huge sword and sorcery influence in my books - mixed with other elements of course! Action adventure in general! Message me your email and I will send you both books! Thanks, David ps this applies to anybody interested in the group!

message 4: by Christie (new)

Christie Stratos (christiestratos) | 94 comments Mod
David wrote: "Hi Christie! Awesome! Well there's a few editions but they are basically all short stories and a couple of novellas so it's pretty cool! - I'm happy to go with the flow! I believe that "the coming ..."

Oh my goodness, it looks like I may have a different version that was actually not the first one even though I thought it was! I have this one: Conan, but it looks like this one has stories and bits written by other people later. I looked up the one you listed above (The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian) and it looks like that's the correct first one. Thanks for bringing that up! Clearly I'm not yet knowledgeable about Conan. :P I'm going to pick it up from my library tomorrow night and start the discussion then. Thanks again!