Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Monthly Reads > Itazura na Kiss Discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments Discuss Itazura Na Kiss here!

High school senior Kotoko Aihara has had a crush on Naoki Irie since his freshman year. Unfortunately, a few things are discouraging her from him: he's a member of "Class A," the top ranking class in school, whereas she's in "Class F"; he gets the top score on every exam; and he's so smart, popular, and handsome that he's been class president every year. When Kotoki finally musters up the courage to present him with a love letter, though, Naoki outright refuses it, telling her point blank - with a look of disgust and boredom - that he doesn't like "stupid girls." Poor Kotoko's worst nightmare.

message 2: by Erica (new)

Erica | 12 comments I didn't complete INK because I thought Aihara was too devoted to Naoki. I sometimes feel like she isn't her own person, because she doesn't seem to have her own ideas. I kept watching until they went to their honeymoon. However I did like Naoki.

Do you guys liked it? And why?

message 3: by Anaika (new)

Anaika I watched a live action before the anime and loved it. Since then I have watched all the adaptions. I am going to buy the manga this summer, but I heard it is incomplete because the author died. I liked Naoki and Aihara was really devoted, but I was getting really tired of love triangles at the time which is why I really liked this series.

message 4: by Leela (new)

Leela Tso | 6 comments I always like watching the anime and the manga was adapted to korean drama show.

message 5: by Leela (new)

Leela Tso | 6 comments Anaika wrote: "I watched a live action before the anime and loved it. Since then I have watched all the adaptions. I am going to buy the manga this summer, but I heard it is incomplete because the author died. I ..."

Me too I really like watching the adaptations of the anime.

message 6: by Anaika (new)

Anaika Leela wrote: "Anaika wrote: "I watched a live action before the anime and loved it. Since then I have watched all the adaptions. I am going to buy the manga this summer, but I heard it is incomplete because the ..."

Definitely and Playful Kiss was a really good adaptation of the anime I really love that one.

message 7: by Leela (new)

Leela Tso | 6 comments Do you still watch korean Drama shows now ?

message 8: by Anaika (last edited Jul 01, 2014 12:35PM) (new)

Anaika OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG If any of you have watched the Japanese live action adaptation...... Mischievous Kiss: Love in Tokyo it is getting a season 2. I just saw this and had to suppress the urge to scream because I am at work. Even better they filmed it starting in January and finished filming in June. That means I wont have to wait long for it to air. YAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!

Also on a side note I am really excited because I am buying the manga volumes soon.

message 9: by Leela (new)

Leela Tso | 6 comments I am so happy that Mischievous Kiss: Love in Tokyo it is getting a season 2. :) do you know where I can watch on the internet ??

message 10: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) | 20 comments True story: I only just recently got into manga (through finding out about the Shoujo genre) which subsequently got me hooked on Asian dramas, and my very first Kdrama was actually Boys Over Flowers, quickly followed by the Kdrama remake of Itazura na Kiss. Sadly the Japanese versions aren't available on Netflix, but Playful Kiss is!

Luckily Viki.com has Mischievous Kiss: Love in Tokyo available for streaming! Since I watch SO much Kdrama and Jdrama these days, I went ahead and signed up as a member. It's just a few bucks a month, plus it's worth not having to sit through ads and being able to watch in HD. Hope that helps!

message 11: by Leela (new)

Leela Tso | 6 comments Thanks for helping me out by letting know about watching it on viki.com