Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

となりの怪物くん 1 [My Little Monster 1]
Monthly Reads > My Little Monster Discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kristen | 1392 comments Discuss My Little Monster here!

Mizutani is a self-absorbed overachiever, concerned only with maintaining the highest grades in school. Haru is an impulsive short tempered brute, who scares everyone with his explosive bursts of violence. Haru gets suspended on the first day of school when he encounters some bullies harassing a student and dispatches the bullies with great bloody violence. Mizutani is tasked with delivering school materials to Haru who interprets this as an act of friendship and latches on to Mizutani, much to her dismay. And so begins a strange and potentially combustible relationship!

message 2: by Ipshita (new)

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 37 comments I'm undecided whether to watch the anime or read the manga first.

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica | 12 comments Ipshita wrote: "I'm undecided whether to watch the anime or read the manga first."

I watch the anime first because they are usually shorter. Then I read the manga, because they continue the anime.

And it's a great story!

Kimberly (kndyer) I finished the My Little Monster this weekend, and it was good! I need to find a copy of the next one now, and watch the anime, too. I really like manga about socially awkward characters who learn and grow, so this one was right up my alley.

Kimberly (kndyer) Erica wrote: "Ipshita wrote: "I'm undecided whether to watch the anime or read the manga first."

I watch the anime first because they are usually shorter. Then I read the manga, because they continue the anime...."

Ah, that's a good idea! I've been doing it the other way around and tend to be disappointed when the anime's short and doesn't include all of the awesomeness of the manga.

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 195 comments The anime was so great! I loved it. I cannot wait to follow up with the manga.