What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > 80's/90's romance about a guy who boxes to annonymously support a girl through school

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 2 comments I'd love some help finding a romance novel I read in the early to mid 1990's. It was an American setting, probably late 1800's. A young woman has been attending school, possibly finishing school, when her father dies and she inherits his farm/ranch. She leaves school to move back home. There is a young man, possibly a friend of her father's, who tries to look after her...eventually marries her to offer protection. It turns out that he has been the one actually paying for her school and occasionally sending her gifts because there was no other support available from her family. She always thought the money came from her family. He earned the money to support her by prize-fighting.
If memory serves, the cover had a landscape theme with a farmhouse, can't remember if there were any people.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33251 comments Mod
Midnight Blue by Dorothy Garlock? The hero Pack is a boxer. One reviewer on Amazon says, "Mara Shannon McCall was leaving finishing school and going home to Wyoming - to a house and land she barely remembered. No one was at the train to meet her so she borrowed a wagon and began the nostalgic journey to her ranch. As she got close to the home of her birth, she saw a man in the road. Horribly beaten, Mara struggled with the man to put him in the wagon..."

message 3: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 2 comments This might be it...I'm going to check it out. Thanks Kris!

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Let us know if you found your book or not. We like to keep track of the books that are found.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Carrie, was your book "Midnight Blue" or are you still looking?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Midnight Blue (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Dorothy Garlock (other topics)