Sci-fi and Heroic Fantasy discussion

SF&F Awards > 2014 Ditmar Award nominees Announced

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited May 31, 2014 08:23AM) (new)

The nominees for the 2014 Ditmar Awards (for SF/F works by Australian authors published in 2013) have been announced. (The Ditmar award is presented annually by the Australian Nation SF Convention.)

Best Novel nominees

Ink Black Magic (Mocklore Chronicles, #3) by Tansy Rayner Roberts Ink Black Magic by Tansy Rayner Roberts

Fragments of a Broken Land Valarl Undead A Fantasy Novel by Robert Hood Fragments of a Broken Land by Robert Hood

The Beckoning by Paul Collins The Beckoning by Paul Collins

Trucksong by Andrew MacRae Trucksong by Andrew MacRae

The Only Game in the Galaxy (The Maximus Black Files, #3) by Paul Collins The Only Game in the Galaxy by Paul Collins

More categories & nominees at the SForgAU website

Awards to be presented June 9th at CONtinuum 10.

message 2: by Ben (new)

Ben Rowe (benwickens) | 430 comments Trucksong sounds interesting. Been meaning to check it out. Also I have been meaning to check out the McDermott and the Warren. Others are not really on my radar but that says nothing about their quality.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Ben wrote: "Trucksong sounds interesting. Been meaning to check it out. Also I have been meaning to check out the McDermott and the Warren. Others are not really on my radar but that says nothing about thei..."

Trucksong is also on the Aurealis Award nominees (the other Australian SF/F award, from Aurealis Magazine.) So is Ink Black Magic.

I had the impression Max Barry's Lexicon was the Australian novel with the biggest buzz last year (and won the Aurealis Award in the Fantasy Novel category), but apparently Australian fans don't think so.