Better Read Than Dead Book Club discussion

Spoiler-filled Discussions > February 2016 The Darkest Minds *Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (gabmore) | 257 comments Mod
So from here on out we'll also have a discussion at the end of the month for people who have finished the book and need to talk about it. This discussion will begin on the last day of each month in order to give everyone time to finish reading. See y'all here next week.

message 2: by Gabriella (new)

How many of you finished the book?

message 3: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kennedy | 71 comments Me!

message 4: by Gabriella (new)

So far it's looking like just me and you, Miranda! Anything you'd like to say about the book?

message 5: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kennedy | 71 comments Did you ever grow to love Chubs?? I just really like how protective he is over everyone and yeah he does it in a crazy kind of way but it really only made me love him more

message 6: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kennedy | 71 comments Did you ever grow to love Chubs?? I just really like how protective he is over everyone and yeah he does it in a crazy kind of way but it really only made me love him more

message 7: by Gabriella (new)

Chubs did in fact grow on me. He still had his annoying moments, but I did cry when he got shot. Poor guy. I'm more torn about Clance. I want to hate him so much, especially since he's nuts, but something just draws me to him.

message 8: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kennedy | 71 comments Oh yeah he is super charismatic and he's one of those bad guys with a tragic enough back story to make you feel bad for him but to me he's just too creepy to not hate.

message 9: by Gabriella (new)

Is it just me or did he allude to possibly raping her?

message 10: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kennedy | 71 comments Yes, I was definitely getting that vibe and I have honestly no idea whether or not it happened!

message 11: by Gabriella (new)

Am I the only one who practically swoons every single time Liam opens his mouth?

message 12: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kennedy | 71 comments Ohmygod yeesssssssss I love him! He just tried so hard to make her happy all the time and it's precious.

message 13: by Gabriella (new)

I cried so hard when he was walking away and said, "You too, darlin'." I need him back. He loved her. WAHHHHHH.

message 14: by Gabriella (new)

More importantly, I LOVED HIM.

message 15: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kennedy | 71 comments I know! Like I get why she did it but I want her to figure something else out!

message 16: by Gabriella (new)

I wonder if there's a way to restore someone's memories. This can't be the end of them.

message 17: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kennedy | 71 comments There are 3 books total and I refuse to believe they just aren't going to include him so there's got to be something.

message 18: by Gabriella (new)

Fingers crossed.

message 19: by Gabriella (new)

Do you support her decision to press the panic button?

message 20: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kennedy | 71 comments Yeah I think it's the only option she had left to try and save Chubs

message 21: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kennedy | 71 comments You?

message 22: by Gabriella (new)

I wouldn't have. I love Chubs, but it seemed pretty hopeless. I guess if it turns out Chubs really is alive maybe I'll reconsider, but I feel like she doomed them.

message 23: by Gabriella (new)

Ooooh, I forgot. When commenting, uncheck the button that says "Add update to my feed." That way we can avoid spoiling things for our friends/followers.

message 24: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kennedy | 71 comments I don't see that option anywhere

message 25: by Gabriella (new)

It's not there on mobile.