The Realms discussion

Halian Realm > The Den

Comments Showing 1-50 of 104 (104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Were rouges and criminals meet.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) Kioga walked around watching everyone with caution, he knew he would be a target here because he's known for being the best, and other up start thieves were always trying to best him to take that title from him.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Astra brushed some blond curls away from her face as she leaned against the wall. She was studying the crowd, trying to decide who she call friend and who she could call foe.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) Kioga found a spot to sit were he could keep an eye on everyone as he pulled his dagger that had a purple yew from his amethyst s inside it, as he began to sharpen it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Astra decided that the person sitting the corner was not to be messed with. Maybe he could make a good business partner- he certainly looked skilled enough. She made her way over to sit next to him. "I'm Astra," she said, by way of introduction once she had sat down.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) Kioga shifted were he sat to look at Astra, but still staying aware of his surroundings. "The names Kioga, Kioga Voldkin." He answered "it's a pleasure to meet you." He added as he continued shaping his blade in hand.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"I have a deal for you," Astra continued, "That is, if you want to hear it. Otherwise I won't bother you." She folded her hands neatly on her lap and waited for a response.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) Kioga thought for a second. "What's the job?" He asked bluntly giving her his full attention.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm suggesting a partnership," Astra replied. "I'm guessing you're a good thief. Well, so am I." She regarded Kioga cooly, her expression one of nonchalance.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) "I may be a good thief some call me the best, but I'm also not the type of thief you'd think of." Kioga answered putting his dagger away in its sheath. "I'm some what of a dungeon explorer. I tend to not steal from the living, not unless they disserve it anyways." He added.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"I steal from anyone and anything," Astra told Kioga. "As long as I'm not caught, I'm not worried about who I steal from." She paused. "But perhaps you can show me what's in the dungeons. I've never explored too much."

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) "Gold, treasure, and cool things from the world long ago." Kioga answered with a smile.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"I just grab whatever I can. It's a sort of a rushed process," Astra said with a sigh. "And sometimes its tough to find a place to stay for the night. Maybe the dungeons can help with that."

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) "If you know were to look then yes they can be." Kioga answered. "I also think one of the locations over found leeds to the surface too." He added as he thought out loud.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

"The surface?" Astra asked, interested. "What do you think is up there?"

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) "Don't know never ventured far anough to find out." Kioga replied with a shrug.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"Maybe wastelands," Astra suggested. "Or perhaps more things to steal."

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) "Could be anything, or nothing" Kioga said as he started to think on it.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

"But there must be something. I mean, there should be something up there," Astra insisted.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) "Yes, there could be anything but if that's the case then why do we live under ground if there's a place above ground, it just means something chased us down here." Kioga started to debate with Astra.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

"Wars, I suppose," Astra said thoughtfully. "But I highly doubt there any living things up there."

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) "If there's nothing living up there then how can we survive up there?" He asked. "That is one of the questions I've asked my self many times over wondering if it's worth the risk to take that step to the surface." He added.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

"If you were really to go up there, you could supply yourself with food and water and stay up there until your resources run out." Astra paused. "I'd be willing to go up there. Just not by myself."

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) Kioga thought for a second, "aside from acquiring goods what survival skills could you bring, for example my keen perception makes me a good scout and hunter, what else could you do if it came down to it?" He asked considering her proposal.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm quick on my feet and observant," Astra replied quickly. "I'm also good at talking my way out of trouble, should we meet any malevolent intelligent life."

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) "Far anough" Kioga replied satisfied with the answer given, "If you want to travel top side I'll guide you to where the tunnel is from there it's all unknown so be ready by tomorrow night. I'm leaving with or without you." He finished reviling he was going top side one way or another.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Astra nodded. "I'll be there." A flash of regret passed across her face. "But I should be looking for someone." She stared at the ground, trying to make up her mind.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) "The choice is your I'm not forcing you." Kioga stated.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

"Don't worry, I'll come," Astra said quickly. "I'll see what supplies I can get."

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) Kioga smiled."alright then you know were and when to meet me then. " Jr said walking of to gather his own supplies.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Astra nodded and darted out of the Den, ready for another day of pillaging and stealing.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) Kioga rumiged throw his belongings making sure everything he needed was there, for the upcoming journey.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Astra, after packing her supplies and gathering everything she needed, entered the den cautiously. Her messenger's bag was slung at her side and her hand was resting protectively on it. She spotted Kioga and walked over. "You ready?" Astra asked, fiddling with the strap of her bag.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) Kioga slung a bag on his back as he stood up and adjusted his dagger at his side. "Ready as I'll ever be." He answered.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

"You lead. You know the way better than I do," Astra said, stepping aside so that Kioga could pass.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) Kioga lead Astra to the entrance of a cave as he pulled out a flash light that didn't need batteries.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) "We'll be taking this entrance." He said.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

"It's quite dark," Astra whispered nervously. Her normally confident demeanor was slipping away quickly.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) "And is only going to get darker from here." Kioga warned as he pulled out his flash light and clicked it on.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"How does that thing run?" Astra asked, referring to the flashlight. "Won't it run out of battery life soon?"

message 41: by Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (last edited Mar 05, 2016 10:35PM) (new)

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) "Not really, there's a copper wire coil rapped inside connecting to the bulb, with a magnet that passes back and forth when you shake it and that creates anough power to make the bulb glow. It's really nice to have in these tunnels, as for the bulb I'm vary limited on, I need thin stands of iron or steel to make a filament to glow." Kioga explained the macainics of his flash light.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh. Cool." Astra found herself wishing that she was back home, looking for her brother. Every minute down here was a minute without him. She didn't feel much like talking at the moment.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) Kioga was used to the silence as he traveled looking at the walls, he shined his light on specific spots on the wall were there were markings that he followed.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

"So how do we find our way back?" Astra asked nervously, trembling slightly. She pulled her jacket more tightly around her to keep out the cold.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) "We follow my mapping." Kioga said pointing the light back on the wall and he pointed out carved markings on the wall at first glance they looked natural but actually looking at it, it was carved in the wall. "I used defrant emblems to mean defrant things almost like a map." He finished.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

"Ah. So bread crumbs, like Hansel and Gretel?" Astra said, staring ahead into the dark.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

"They're longer lasting bread crumbs, though, thank goodness," Astra joked, trying to ease some of the tension that she was feeling. "I think we're being watched," she said more seriously.

Voldkin~ " Home, the place you go to escape the world." (voldkin) Kioga kept walking and smiled as he started to Liston for any out placed sounds or signs of being followed.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Astra hurried behind him, trying to keep her wild blond hair out of her eyes. She kept looking behind her and making sure that there was nothing there.

« previous 1 3