College Prepster Book Club discussion

The Fortune Hunter > I finished!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carly (new)

Carly Riordan (carlyriordan) | 30 comments Mod
Ugh! I finally finished the book. Honestly, I didn't love it. Didn't hate it either, but I definitely couldn't get into it. I actually found it kind of frustrating!!

Anyone else feel the same way??

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 1 comments After the mid-point i got into it. But i didnt like the ending, after all that lead up it fell short and the story telling wasn't as powerful. I felt like the author cut the storyline off abrubtly after many chapters of intimately detailing the characters lives, i was left feeling no sense of where they are going to end up other than heartbroken, angry, and married.

message 3: by Carly (new)

Carly Riordan (carlyriordan) | 30 comments Mod
Victoria wrote: "After the mid-point i got into it. But i didnt like the ending, after all that lead up it fell short and the story telling wasn't as powerful. I felt like the author cut the storyline off abrubtly ..."

SAME! I finally got into it... and then.... that's it?!?!?!

message 4: by Dana (new)

Dana (somethinggoodblog) | 10 comments Carly wrote: "Victoria wrote: "After the mid-point i got into it. But i didnt like the ending, after all that lead up it fell short and the story telling wasn't as powerful. I felt like the author cut the storyl..."

I agree with everything above! I did not enjoy the ending at all. It was almost like the author got a little bored with her story and tied it up with a bow. I read her other book, The American Heiress right after this one and I felt like I had the same problem with the ending of that too.

message 5: by Mary Clare (new)

Mary Clare | 5 comments I never got into the beginning, middle, or end. I feel like a whole chunk of the middle could have been cut out and more could have been added about Charlotte's wedding.

message 6: by Anne (new)

Anne Smith | 8 comments I enjoyed the book except for the ending. That was very frustrating.

message 7: by Vikki (new)

Vikki | 7 comments I guess none of us cared for the ending!!
(can't wait to see what the next book is!)

message 8: by L. (new)

L. (lauraactually) what's the next book we are reading?

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin | 3 comments I agree! The ending was so frustrating. Almost this ridiculous romantic moment in a book where it didn't belong.

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin | 3 comments I agree! The ending was so frustrating. Almost this ridiculous romantic moment in a book where it didn't belong.

message 11: by Erin (new)

message 12: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Gordon | 3 comments The only semi-likable character was Charlotte, the ending just ruined this. She had resolutely decided to go to America to leave the stuffy propriety of English social life and the hollow words of Bay (let's be honest, it was her first real crush...puppy love, nothing more) behind. I feel like the author still tried to send this message that Charlotte was following her passion by continuing to go to America; yet, this was a flimsy ending due to Bay accompanying her and basically facing no fall out from his poor decisions throughout the novel.