Horror Aficionados discussion

The Indie/Small Press Corner > Samhain Closing

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hunter (new)

Hunter Shea | 55 comments Just got word today that Samhain Publishing is closing its doors all lines, not just horror). They'll phase out throughout the rest of the year, publishing any books that are already in their queue.

I can't thank them enough for picking me out of the slush pile and giving me a chance. Publishing is one tough business.

message 2: by Char (new)

Char  | 14221 comments Mod
I heard that this afternoon on Facebook. I was sad to hear it.

When Don D'Auria was let go and a few of their authors left over the last few months-it didn't bode well for them. It's too bad, because I've read and enjoyed several of their titles over the last few years.

message 3: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Too bad. Samhain had some solid authors. Kind of saw this one coming, though I thought it would only be the horror line.

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert Mingee (robertmingee) | 776 comments That is a real bummer, but not a big surprise. They definitely put out some good works, and it's sad to see a publisher of affordable horror book leave the market.

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 6073 comments Mod
Bill wrote: "Too bad. Samhain had some solid authors. Kind of saw this one coming, though I thought it would only be the horror line."

Same thought I had.... :(

message 6: by Perry (new)

Perry Lake | 316 comments Hunter wrote: "Just got word today that Samhain Publishing is closing its doors all lines, not just horror). They'll phase out throughout the rest of the year, publishing any books that are already in their queue..."

Wow. I was just about to send them my next book because I was so impressed with them. Will flush my head down the toilet now. :(

message 7: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Hains | 140 comments This is devastating news...

message 8: by Hunter (new)

Hunter Shea | 55 comments When they let Don D'Auria go in November, that was the beginning of the end. I wish they could have gone on forever, but what does? Some truly gifted writers are now scrambling for new homes, but trust me, they will find them.

message 9: by Kaisersoze (new)

Kaisersoze | 291 comments Sad news. Hope all the authors publishing with them can find new homes for their work.

message 10: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Janz (jonathanjanz) | 835 comments Kaisersoze wrote: "Sad news. Hope all the authors publishing with them can find new homes for their work."

Thanks, Kaisersoze.

The thing is...

The future is looking blindingly bright.

message 11: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Future so bright, Jonathan, you got to wear shades! :)

message 12: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 6073 comments Mod
Jonathan wrote: "Kaisersoze wrote: "Sad news. Hope all the authors publishing with them can find new homes for their work."

Thanks, Kaisersoze.

The thing is...

The future is looking blindingly bright."

Especially with that new line coming!! :D

message 13: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Janz (jonathanjanz) | 835 comments Bill wrote: "Future so bright, Jonathan, you got to wear shades! :)"

:-)

Thank you, Bill! I think it is.

message 14: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Janz (jonathanjanz) | 835 comments Kimberly wrote: "Jonathan wrote: "Kaisersoze wrote: "Sad news. Hope all the authors publishing with them can find new homes for their work."

Thanks, Kaisersoze.

The thing is...

The future is looking blindingly ..."

Good call, Kimberly. I can't wait!

message 15: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Cavendish | 283 comments I have loved being part of the Samhain (Horror) family and wish it hadn't come to this. I'm afraid though that it is an all too common occurrence these days. I will always be grateful to Don D'Auria and proud that I can say he edited some of my books.