Our Shared Shelf discussion

Jan—My Life on the Road (2016) > BuzzFeed Article - Emma and Gloria Live Event

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helen (new)

Helen (helen2u) | 306 comments wooooohooo

message 2: by Helen (new)

Helen (helen2u) | 306 comments Emma's hair is a huge topic apparently.....
I noticed her hair change in the launch of the new website look interview, and then at the Colonia premiere in Berlin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDf6s...
Not a big deal, someone's hair, right?
Thank you meelie, cannot wait to watch the whole taped event!

message 3: by Ashwin (new)

Ashwin (ashiot) | 215 comments Thanks for the share Kodak. I just can't wait for the video. It is interesting to note that the thread "Problem with feminism - A man's outlook" was taken up for discussion.

message 4: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Carter | 2 comments When will the video be up? (If anyone knows :))

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Kafadar lets start betting pool. 5 dollars on Monday 9 am

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Miller (rosethorn7) | 123 comments Thanks for sharing! Yes, it would be cool to see the video.

message 7: by Beatriz (new)

Beatriz (beatriz_lume) I think the first part of the article is irony about what the rest of the press focused on ._.

message 8: by Belinda (new)

Belinda | 13 comments I love how sexist the headlines and press focus has been over this discussion.
"Emma Watson... has now become a woman and is taking ownership of her body- in every way!"
...so who owned her body before that, then? Is a grown woman wanting a great sex life so scandalous that it requires at least 5 articles, all of them calling her "wild" in one way or another?
I'm lost for words over the headline about her hair though.
Ahh, the media.

message 9: by Aglaea (new)

Aglaea | 987 comments Belinda wrote: "I love how sexist the headlines and press focus has been over this discussion.
"Emma Watson... has now become a woman and is taking ownership of her body- in every way!"
...so who owned her body b..."

Haha, scandalous indeed.

message 10: by Aglaea (new)

Aglaea | 987 comments Robert wrote: "lets start betting pool. 5 dollars on Monday 9 am"

GMT which one? Gotta do better than 9 am.

message 11: by MeerderWörter (new)

MeerderWörter | 2388 comments That's a good reminder for us to know it's worth fighting for feminism. That our children and grandchildren don't have to grow up in a world like this!