La Pradera Park Book Club discussion

Monthly Meetings > Upcoming Book Club Meetings

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Kathy sent me this message on facebook. I thought I would share it here and get everyone's input.

"We have a definite April 27 for Aprilynn Pike to attend our book club and talk about her book. I also have Terry Clapp (Eloy the Cactus Elk) available for March and I have 4 more copies of his book to share."

The calendar has Kathy as the moderator for March, Barbara for April, and Glenna for May.

How does this sound for everyone?

message 2: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 67 comments Mod
Sounds exciting to me. I checked the local libraries. Phoenix library has two copies and Glendale library has 3 copies.

As I was looking for the book I realized that I know the illustrator, Rikki Drotar. Her family lived in our Ward for a short time about 8 or 9 years ago. She served in the singles ward RS Presidency with my daughter-in-law.

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Nice! Barbara choose Life After Theft as the Aprilynne Pike book for April.

message 4: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 16 comments Sounds good.

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany So, I'm unable to have book club at my house because we are packing up to move. Also, Kathy has a mandatory family history training she has to be at. So, should we move book club to someone else's house and/or move the day, or cancel?

message 6: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 16 comments I don't mind doing at my house, although my kids are loud :) But it is Kathy's book though. We can wait if she wants to.

message 7: by Lanelle (last edited Mar 22, 2016 08:32AM) (new)

I vote that since it's Kathy's book that we're reading this month and she can't be there, we should move the day.

When, I don't know.
If everyone wants to wait until April 6th, we can have it at my house.

Edited to add: I promise I didn't see Leslie's post/vote before I posted/voted :)

message 8: by Lanelle (new)

Um, Brittany, where are you moving to?

message 9: by Brittany (new)

Brittany We are moving to Salt Lake. Daniel got a job with Mountain America Credit Union in South Jordan. I'll check with Kathy and see when we can move it to.

message 10: by Lanelle (new)

Wow. This came quickly. How soon does Daniel report to work?

message 11: by Brittany (new)

Brittany April 4th

message 12: by June (new)

June (grandmanmom-teacher) | 4 comments Brittany wrote: "Kathy sent me this message on facebook. I thought I would share it here and get everyone's input.

"We have a definite April 27 for Aprilynn Pike to attend our book club and talk about her book. I ..."

I joined your online group because I'm LDS, living in Grants, NM, and wanting a refreshing list of book ideas. I just finished "Wings." It was a wonderful teen romance with a twist of mythical characters and magic. I would definitely recommend this book to high school girls wanting a good light read. I also liked the underlying tones of "honesty" and why it is so important to keep your word. Sorry I can't make any of your meetings.

message 13: by Lanelle (new)

June wrote: "I joined your online group because I'm LDS, living in Grants, NM, and wanting a refreshing list of book ideas. I just finished "Wings." It was a wonderful teen romance..."

I'm glad you enjoyed the book, June. Do you have any questions or comments that you would like us to bring up in the meeting?

You're a part of this book club, too. If you have any suggestions of books to read, let us know.

Would you mind if I sent you a friend request?

message 14: by June (new)

June (grandmanmom-teacher) | 4 comments That would be fine.

message 15: by Lanelle (new)

June wrote: "That would be fine."

Thanks. Request is on its way.