The Nanny Diaries (Nanny, #1) The Nanny Diaries discussion

It was decent

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sammt I LOVEDDDDDD IT MORE THAN ANY OF YOU WILL EVER LOVE ANY BOOK :D
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Please..oh please Sammt How come? Tell me the juicy details. I want to read it so badly but everyone is booing it off the stage and I want it from you. Ratings and ravings please.

Joanne I thought it was funny, and fairly well written.

Marianna It's a light read! Nothing that's gonna stay with you once you're done with the last page, but it's funny and quite enjoyable.

Sandra It was pretty light weight and implausible in parts, but an ok beach read.

Diana Rocha i thought it was going to be better. it was decent.

Ginger I read this about 2 years ago; I agree with Diana - it was decent. If you're in the mood for something light-weight, this is a good choice

Hayley Linfield If you've ever been a nanny, you'll love it. But it's cliche. Fun, but cliche.

message 9: by Donna (last edited Aug 05, 2013 03:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Donna Davis I didn't find it to be cliche at all. I loved the way the authors translated the socially coded language, and the dichotomy created by what the wealthy NY elite consider appropriate for children (and how they put their own needs ahead of those of their children, replacing money with love and even naps), and what is developmentally appropriate. I loved the wry humor used to show how a nanny is supposed to not only give up her time off instantly to suit the needs of the employer, but also how as an employee, she is supposed to be two places at exactly the same time. It's both funny and eerie, the way it's put together. As a former teacher, I could relate in some places to what they said to parents, versus what they would have preferred to say!

This thread should read, "It was AWESOME".

Kirby I agree that it was a fun, decent read. Has anyone read the sequel? Is it any good?

Krystle I didn't like the sequel as well. The first book was wonderful in my opinion.

Tracey Good jowers I loved this book, partly because it was fun, and whimsical, and partly because at the time I read it, I was at the hospital with my son who just had surgery. Reading it, helped keep my mood light, and upbeat!

Joanne Tracey wrote: "I loved this book, partly because it was fun, and whimsical, and partly because at the time I read it, I was at the hospital with my son who just had surgery. Reading it, helped keep my mood light,..."
I hope all is well with your son now.