The Passage trilogy readalong discussion

The Passage > Schedule

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Walsh Hey guys. Will we be following a reading schedule or is it self paced?

message 2: by Gray (new)

Gray Williams (graywilliamsbooks) | 1 comments Just added the schedule to 'photo's. Enjoy!

message 3: by David (last edited Feb 26, 2016 12:01PM) (new)

David Schultz | 1 comments Thanks for doing this! What's the schedule for The Twelve?

message 4: by Ron (new)

Ron Roland | 1 comments Also many thanks for doing this. Just finished The Passage for the 2nd time so will be more active when you start The Twelve.

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill (jillnel) | 12 comments I'm not familiar with Goodreads groups, and I can't find the "photos" where the schedule is. Help?! This is such a great idea I'm looking forward to it!

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina Price Hello Jill, I'm also new to this, photos is in the box top right on this page. The schedule is the second photo, which you can see as a little thumbnail in the top left area.

message 7: by Allen (new)

Allen Johnson | 1 comments So this is only for reading the Passage before the new one comes out and not the Twelve?

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina Price I thought the idea was to read both.

message 9: by Shawna (new)

Shawna | 21 comments I don't seem to have the box on the top right that was mentioned... anyone know if that is because I am using my phone app and not a PC? Also, I think we are starting with the Passage, then we will do The Twelve, that's my understanding...

message 10: by Tina (last edited Feb 27, 2016 09:33AM) (new)

Tina Price Allen has made a good point, the schedule works through The Passage finishing towards the end of May. Final book is out in June I think, leaving no time for The Twelve
ETA the photos but it's just under where it says "The Passage Trilogy readalong. I'm using Kindle fire so don't know if the layout is different on a phone.

message 11: by Juliette (new)

Juliette My plan was to read both before City of Mirrors is released on May 24. (I'm in the States and came here for the "worldwide read-along.") But, since the schedule only allows time to read and discuss the first book, I guess I'll skip the read-along and read at my own pace to finish both. (Bummer.) Have fun, everyone!

message 12: by Beth (new)

Beth (mbhopkins) | 20 comments I found "The Twelve" answered questions left from "The Passage," but there are still a lot of questions left that "City of Mirrors" is to answer. Even if we only discuss "The Passage" I believe it will be of great benefit before reading the final book.

I look forward to hearing the thoughts of the group.

message 13: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Walsh Thanks guys, love the book, looking forward to reading it again

message 14: by JANE (new)

JANE (melindajaneharrison) Looking forward to reading this with others. I started it once before and had to stop. I am going to stick to the schedule on image as I am already obligated to read other books too. Happy Reading everyone.

message 15: by Marc (new)

Marc Aplin (fantasy-faction) | 57 comments Mod
We will pick up The Twelve after The Passage anddddd go into City of Mirrors if everyone feels they can read in a scheduled way (I.e. Don't start tearing through pages!) :-)

message 16: by Marc (new)

Really excited to lead this readalong for you all. I will be posting weekly chapter summaries, talking points and questions that we can all interact over. There may be a surprise appearance by a certain author by the time we are finished too O:-)

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Brown | 5 comments Looking forward to reading it again for the fourth time

message 18: by Jill (new)

Jill (jillnel) | 12 comments Shawna wrote: "I don't seem to have the box on the top right that was mentioned... anyone know if that is because I am using my phone app and not a PC? Also, I think we are starting with the Passage, then we will..."

Hi Shawna, that was my problem too. The "photos" didn't show up on my phone, but did on my PC once I logged in there.

message 19: by Phil (new)

Phil Eadie | 9 comments Quite happy to head through both in whatever timescale works for all. Not that bothered about reading city if mirrors as soon as it comes out anyway

message 20: by Kierston (new)

Kierston (kamnh) | 7 comments Marc wrote: "We will pick up The Twelve after The Passage anddddd go into City of Mirrors if everyone feels they can read in a scheduled way (I.e. Don't start tearing through pages!) :-)"

I am brand new to this, so I just want to make sure I understand. We're going to read The Passage with the schedule posted in the picture, then you'll post a schedule for The Twelve, then City of Mirrors?

message 21: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Walsh I'm happy to leave City of Mirrors until we have finished The Twelve. It's not being released over in Europe until June anyway so I can't get it until then.

message 22: by Erik (new)

Erik Herndon | 8 comments Thanks for posting schedule - I just saw it and am really looking forward to this experience!

message 23: by mothergunn (new)

mothergunn | 12 comments Yeah, I'm also on mobile and can't see any pics. Can we make a topic or something for the schedule?

message 24: by Phil (new)

Phil Eadie | 9 comments Maggie wrote: "I'm happy to leave City of Mirrors until we have finished The Twelve. It's not being released over in Europe until June anyway so I can't get it until then."

Unless you read on Kindle of course - then it is released 24th May

message 25: by Erik (new)

Erik Herndon | 8 comments March 21 Chapters 1-5
March 28 Chapters 6-9
April 4 Chapters 10-16
April 11 Chapters 17-20
April 18 Chapters 21-26
April 25 Chapters 27-38
May 2 Chapters 39-47
May 9 Chapters 48-58
May 16 Chapters 59-67
May 23 Chapters 68 to End

message 26: by mothergunn (new)

mothergunn | 12 comments Thank you, Erik! Now, does anyone know if we're also doing The Twelve?

message 27: by Marc (last edited Mar 03, 2016 02:54AM) (new)

Kierston wrote: "I am brand new to this, so I just want to make sure I understand. We're going to read The Passage with the schedule posted in the picture, then you'll post a schedule for The Twelve, then City of Mirrors? "

Exactly, yes :-)

message 28: by Marc (new)

mothergunn wrote: "Thank you, Erik! Now, does anyone know if we're also doing The Twelve?"

Yes :) Schedule will be posted in early May, I believe! :)

message 29: by Kierston (new)

Kierston (kamnh) | 7 comments Marc wrote: "Kierston wrote: "I am brand new to this, so I just want to make sure I understand. We're going to read The Passage with the schedule posted in the picture, then you'll post a schedule for The Twelv..."

Excellent - thank you! I'm excited because I have to travel a lot during these months, so I'll have plenty of reading time while flying or sitting in hotel rooms! :)