Challenge Corner discussion

Archives > Team R&B->Chat & Planning

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Please comment and let us know that you still plan to participate by March first. Then use this thread to plan with your teammates.

Team
Collette
Ash
Luke

message 2: by Anya (new)

Anya (anyaazrael) Hiiiiiiiii I'm Anya I like long walks on the beach and skydi- nah I'm kidding I like stay at home and read books a lot. How do these challenges work?

message 3: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Hey, Anya. Once your team shows up you can discuss things with them. You basically just read books in March that will fit the categories on the sign-up thread and then turn in reviews for points. At the end of the month teams/individuals with the highest points get a prize. :)

message 4: by Anya (new)

Anya (anyaazrael) How do the reviews work?

message 5: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Once you've finished a book and marked it as read, just write a short review. If you visit your team's review thread it has the information for what else is needed with your review.

message 6: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments The reviews don't have to be long, just a few thoughts on why you did or did not like something.

message 7: by Anya (new)

Anya (anyaazrael) Okay cool, Like a proof of being read.

message 8: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Pretty much. :)

message 9: by Luke (new)

Luke (Lord of the Llamas) (llamalettore) | 68 comments I still plan to participate.

message 10: by Collette (new)

Collette Morris (candibelle) | 51 comments I'm here!! Sorry guys, been crazy lately but I am ready to go!

message 11: by Ash (new)

Ash Field-Smith (ashfieldsmith) | 69 comments I'm here too!

message 12: by Ash (new)

Ash Field-Smith (ashfieldsmith) | 69 comments I'm doing the pretty thoughts song at the moment - for a book written in the first person, I'm reading tigers curse by Coleen houck :)

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Perfect, your whole team is here and you can go ahead and start planning.

message 14: by Ash (new)

Ash Field-Smith (ashfieldsmith) | 69 comments Great! Actually changed book to light of the fireflies, which I have just finished! Same song, which is also in first person, will post in review page later on when I get on laptop :)

message 15: by Collette (last edited Mar 27, 2016 05:46PM) (new)

Collette Morris (candibelle) | 51 comments Planning Playlist

#1 Outside-Ellie Goulding
Read a book with a character who has become an outcast.

#2 Couldn’t Stop Caring-Spiritual Machines
Read a book with a character who refuses to give up someone/something.
Completed - Collette: Waistcoats & Weaponry

#3 Do I Wanna Know-Arctic Monkeys
Read a book with an “on again/off again” romance.

#4 Photograph-Ed Sheeran
Read a book with a polaroid on the cover OR Read a book where pictures are important.
Completed - Collette: The Book of Life

#5 Pretty Thoughts-Alina Baraz and Galimatias
Read a book written in first person OR Read a book with a lyrical writing style.
Completed - Ash: The Light of the Fireflies

#6 The Road-Frank Turner
Read a book about a character with “wanderlust” OR Read a book about a musician.

#7 The Sound of Silence-Disturbed
Read a book where dreams have some significant impact OR Read a religion based dystopian novel.
Completed - Collette: Born of Illusion

#8 No Place in Heaven-Mika
Read a book with a character who has been given a second chance.

#9 Mittens-Frank Turner
Read a book that’s outside your comfort zone OR Read a book with a one-sided love story.

#10 Youth-Troye Sivan
Read a book with immortal characters OR Read a book about a road trip.
Completed- Collette: Shadow of Night

#11 Give Up at 2-Sofi de la Torre
Read a book with a failing relationship (doesn’t necessarily have to be a romantic relationship).
Completed - Ash: Thirty and a Half Excuses

#12Masterpiece Theater III-Marianas Trench
Read a book with a character suffering from a mental illness.

#13 Little Do You Know-Alex and Sierra
Read a book with a relationship that is being rebuilt OR Read a book with characters named “Alex” or “Sierra.”

#14 Remedy-Seether
Read a book where a character has a terminal illness OR Read a book with a character who has an addiction.

#15 Lie-David Cook
Read a book with an unreliable narrator.

#16 Brick by Boring Brick-Paramore
Read a fairy tale retelling.

#17 Bully-Shinedown
Read a book that involves bullying OR Read a book written from a bully’s perspective.

#18 Run Run Run-Kelly Clarkson and John Legend
Read a book written by two people.

#19 Pompeii-Bastille
Read a historical book (fiction or nonfiction).

#20 Stranger in a Strange Land-Iron Maiden
Read a science fiction or fantasy novel.
Completed- Collette: Manners & Mutiny

message 16: by Collette (new)

Collette Morris (candibelle) | 51 comments Hey guys,

I have taken the liberty to create a post so that we can visually see what songs are in progress or completed. I am currently tackling #20 Stranger in a Strange Land.

Just let me know what you're up to and I can update as we go along. :)

message 17: by Collette (new)

Collette Morris (candibelle) | 51 comments I have begun working on #2 Couldn’t Stop Caring-Spiritual Machines (Read a book with a character who refuses to give up someone/something) with Waistcoats & Weaponry.

Let me know if you guys are working on anything so I can update the list.

message 18: by Collette (new)

Collette Morris (candibelle) | 51 comments Does anyone have any books to update the list with? We've reached the middle of the month and have quite a few songs that need to be tackled.