Challenge Corner discussion

Archives > Team Hip Hop->Chat & Planning

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Each member of the team, please comment and let us know that you are ready for the challenge by March first. Then use this thread to plan with your teammates.

Team
Jackie
Bunnita
Tiffany

message 2: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 19 comments I'm ready :) let's do this

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Ready to do this!:)

Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (bunnita) | 327 comments I'm ready

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Great, we've got everyone down.:) I'll post the categories in a minute so we can start planning.

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 19 comments Awesome

message 7: by Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (last edited Feb 28, 2016 05:39PM) (new)

Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (bunnita) | 327 comments I have books that fit these
*Stranger in a Strange Land-Iron Maiden: Read a science fiction or fantasy novel.
*Brick by Boring Brick-Paramore: Read a fairy tale retelling.
* Bully-Shinedown: Read a book that involves bullying OR Read a book written from a bully’s perspective.
I may have a book for these
*Youth-Troye Sivan: Read a book with immortal characters OR Read a book about a road trip.
*Outside-Ellie Goulding: Read a book with a character who has become an outcast.

message 8: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 19 comments im working out my books now as im taking part in a few challeneges so im trying to make the books work for a lot of them

Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (bunnita) | 327 comments I'm starting Curse of the Sphinx tomorrow. I'm not sure what song it falls under yet.

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Nice job Bunnita!

message 11: by Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (last edited Mar 17, 2016 08:47AM) (new)

Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (bunnita) | 327 comments Playlist
#1 Outside-Ellie Goulding: Read a book with a character who has become an outcast.

#2 Couldn’t Stop Caring-Spiritual Machines: Read a book with a character who seems to care too much (about a relationship/event/social standing etc) OR Read a book with a character who refuses to give up someone/something.
Bunnita: The Greatest Zombie Movie Ever by Jeff Strand

#3 Do I Wanna Know-Arctic Monkeys: Read a book with an “on again/off again” romance.
Bunnita: Adorkable by Cookie O'Gorman

#4 Photograph-Ed Sheeran: Read a book with a polaroid on the cover OR Read a book where pictures are important.

#5 Pretty Thoughts-Alina Baraz and Galimatias: Read a book written in first person OR Read a book with a lyrical writing style.
Bunnita: Ellyphant by Marie Cole

#6 The Road-Frank Turner: Read a book about a character with “wanderlust” OR Read a book about a musician.
Bunnita: Diary of a Rocker's Kid by Haley Despard

#7 The Sound of Silence-Disturbed: Read a book where dreams have some significant impact OR Read a religion based dystopian novel.
Bunnita: Meritropolis by Joel Ohman

#8 No Place in Heaven-Mika: Read a book with a character who has been given a second chance.

#9 Mittens-Frank Turner: Read a book that’s outside your comfort zone OR Read a book with a one-sided love story.

#10 Youth-Troye Sivan: Read a book with immortal characters OR Read a book about a road trip.
Bunnita: Curse of the Sphinx by Raye Wagner

#11 Give Up at 2-Sofi de la Torre: Read a book with a failing relationship (doesn’t necessarily have to be a romantic relationship).
Bunnita: Edgewood by Karen McQuestion

#12 Masterpiece Theater III-Marianas Trench: Read a book with a character suffering from a mental illness.
Tiffany - All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

#13 Little Do You Know-Alex and Sierra: Read a book with a relationship that is being rebuilt OR Read a book with characters named “Alex” or “Sierra.”
Bunnita: The Urban Boys by K.N. Smith

#14 Remedy-Seether: Read a book where a character has a terminal illness OR Read a book with a character who has an addiction.

#15 Lie-David Cook: Read a book with an unreliable narrator.
Bunnita : Hidden by Lexi Ray

#16 Brick by Boring Brick-Paramore: Read a fairy tale retelling.

#17 Bully-Shinedown: Read a book that involves bullying OR Read a book written from a bully’s perspective.
Bunnita: Louder than Words by Iris St. Clair

#18 Run Run Run-Kelly Clarkson and John Legend: Read a book written by two people.
Tiffany: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

#19 Pompeii-Bastille: Read a historical book (fiction or nonfiction).
Jackie: The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh

#20 Stranger in a Strange Land-Iron Maiden: Read a science fiction or fantasy novel.
Tiffany: Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
-------------------------
Song Titles Spelled:
#6 The Road

#9 M it t e ns. <---still spelling
M - Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl
T - The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
S - Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
N - All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

Available Letters:
C - Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
--------------------------
Points/23 Pages/2599

message 12: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 19 comments im reading Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia which with my edition says it is written by two people

message 13: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments You're right, Tiffany. That has two authors.

message 14: by Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (last edited Mar 06, 2016 09:03AM) (new)

Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (bunnita) | 327 comments Tiffany, I added you book to the list. I'll put it in bold once you are finished. Do you have a song you want to try to spell? Perhaps Mittens or Bully.

message 15: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Currently reading The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh

Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (bunnita) | 327 comments Jackie wrote: "Currently reading The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh"

Where would you like to list it? I think it fits #2 cause she is refusing to give up her life, #16, and #20

If you want to spell Mittens then you and Tiffany have a M and a T

message 17: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 19 comments We can spell out mittens yeah

message 18: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments I'll use it for number 19: read a historical fiction novel

message 19: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Yes, I can use the "T" for Mittens

message 20: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 19 comments I'm also reading Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare at the moment if they fit anywhere in this challenge

Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (bunnita) | 327 comments Tiffany wrote: "I'm also reading Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara RaaschAll the Bright Places by Jennifer NivenClockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare at the moment if they fit anywhere in this challenge"
I'm not sure where Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare falls.

If you also going to try to complete the playlist yourself, it fits a couple of song we've already done.

message 22: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 19 comments No I'll complete it as a team it's just what I'm reading at the moment

Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (bunnita) | 327 comments I am working on a book for the e in mittens. Since the books y'all are reading cover the rest of the letters, my next book will start a new song.

message 24: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 19 comments What category's haven't been finished and I will see if any of my books fit into them that I have read this month

message 25: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Tiffany, you should be able to check your team review thread to see what's been completed.