Trapped (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #5) Trapped discussion

Not enjoying Trapped #5

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (last edited Feb 26, 2016 09:42AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kathleen Remember back in book #1 when Atticus introduces us to Oberon? Explaining that dogs think simply and straight forward? And this is how Oberon behaves in the first book, charmingly innocent. By the fourth book, he's trading verbal sarcasms, cultural quips, relationship advice, and telling tales like a bard. What, the author doesn't remember the original characterization? Decides to completely change a dog into a very human-like, perky, sarcastic sidekick? Gods, I hate it.

And please tell me this is not being turned in a damned romance. I don't particularly like Granuaile anyway, was really wishing maybe he'd kill her off or at least send her packing. If I wanted romance, I'd buy romance.

I'm not quite at the halfway point and I'm wondering...can I just skip the rest of this book or would that put me at a disadvantage with the next book?

Martin Jovanovski It goes downwards from there... Trapped is by far the better book then the last two... After this last one, I quit the series

Becky ♡The Bookworm♡ Sorry you're having a rough time with it. I thought Trapped was the weakest of the series. Having slogged through read it, I think it's safe to say you can skip it. It hasn't added anything to the ongoing plot, which is hard to nail down at that point in the series anyway.

Once you get through Hunted, the series regains a bit of focus, although Oberon remains pretty much the way he is.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I honestly love all the books.
And yes there is romance but its never over the top not in my opinion at least.

message 5: by Ruthie (last edited Jul 12, 2016 07:09AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ruthie Kathleen wrote: "Remember back in book #1 when Atticus introduces us to Oberon? Explaining that dogs think simply and straight forward? And this is how Oberon behaves in the first book, charmingly innocent. By the ..."
I feel you. To be honest the best books were the 1st 3. The worst was the 4th book, this is slightly better than the 4th, but not as good as the original 3, the 6th is just at the level of quality of this book, 7 and 8 get a little more interesting, but Granuaile has chapters of her own so ...