Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Possibly odd editor credit

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Feb 26, 2016 09:17AM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... may have an invalid editor credit (and other books with that "editor"). The books in question are not anthologies.

Just mentioning because last I knew "editor" was (a) listed as the primary author (b) wasn't the book's copy editor, proofreader, developmental editor, etc. type of role and (c) was the anthology or line/collection editor, aka someone collecting works together particulalry if credited on the bookcover.

Generally unusual for authors not showing on book-covers (this one does but just as if regular author not as "edited by") to be credited at all (unless showing other pseudonyms, foreword/afterword/introduction type of credit or too many to show so the anthology instead lists in table of contents).

message 2: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments That one's probably going to have to slide, since it's credited on the cover.

No idea what "editor author" is supposed to actually mean though. I'll take a look through the rest of the credits on that profile this evening though.

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Thanks -- no biggie or urgent priority or specific problem, just weird.

[ I knew would probably stay as author since on bookcover exactly like the other author name. Just seemed weird that a novel would have one of what looked like a co-author situation saying "editor" anything (plus, usually book cover or front pages would commonly have said "edited by").]