Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Book/Author/Series/Genre > Book recommendations needed

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Feb 26, 2016 11:13AM) (new)

Fran | 11006 comments Kaitlyn needs some book recommendations and has posted this message-

I don't know if I'm even writing in the right place here but I figured I'd give it a shot. Okay I need some recommendations here. I'm an avid book worm. I love romance with some HOT SEX but with a awesome story line. It seems a lot of erotica is just sex sex and more sex with a crapy storyline. And books with great storylines have no sex scenes. I'm really sick of these weak, blushing and weak female leads. We're are our strong badass females? I love an alpha male but common we're not all virgins the blush at the first bit of attention we get! HELP ME PLEASEEEE!!!!!

message 2: by Sandra J (last edited Feb 26, 2016 08:45AM) (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments Undressing Mercy
And if you like shifters/PNR, anything by Shelly Laurenston.
The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1) by Shelly Laurenston

message 3: by NayNay (last edited Feb 26, 2016 08:47AM) (new)

NayNay Fran I know what you mean....here are some series that I have enjoyed

Rita Herron
Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek #1) by Rita Herron Worth Dying For (Slaughter Creek, #3) by Rita Herron Dying for Love (A Slaughter Creek Novel) by Rita Herron

Melinda Leigh
She Can Run (She Can... #1) by Melinda Leigh She Can Hide (She Can...,#4) by Melinda Leigh She Can Scream (She Can... #3) by Melinda Leigh She Can Tell (She Can... #2) by Melinda Leigh

Cate Beauman
Morgan's Hunter (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #1) by Cate Beauman Falling For Sarah (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #2) by Cate Beauman Hailey's Truth (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #3) by Cate Beauman Forever Alexa (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #4) by Cate Beauman Justice For Abby (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County #6) by Cate Beauman Waiting For Wren (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #5) by Cate Beauman Saving Sophie (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #7) by Cate Beauman Reagan's Redemption (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #8) by Cate Beauman Answers For Julie (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #9) by Cate Beauman Finding Lyla (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #10) by Cate Beauman

message 4: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Feb 26, 2016 11:14AM) (new)

Fran | 11006 comments NayNay wrote: "Fran I know what you mean....here are some series that I have enjoyed

Rita Herron
Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek #1) by Rita HerronWorth Dying For (Slaughter Creek, #3) by Rita HerronDying for Love (A Slaughter Creek Novel) by Rita Herron

Melinda..."

Thanks for the recs NayNay! They are for Kaitlyn, not me :)
I just posted here for her :)

message 5: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (last edited Feb 26, 2016 01:00PM) (new)

~KarenH~ | 6904 comments Hey Kaitlyn,

When I read your post, the first author to come to my mind was Pamela Clare (Historical, Romantic Suspense). I've loved everything I've read by her (which I believe is everything she's written), and can't wait for more! Her books always have great storylines and characters, and always definitely steamy. They are also wonderful in audio, if you like audiobooks.

A few other authors that I like that have varying levels of steam, but always have at least some, are Jaci Burton (Contemporary), Lisa Marie Rice (mostly Romantic Suspense), Lorelei James (mostly Contemporary Westerns), Mari Carr (Contemporary, mostly shorter in length), and one of my newer favorites, Laura Kaye (Contemporary, Romantic Suspense). I'm sure there are others, but these are all that come to mind at the moment.

I hope you're able to find some great new books and authors!