What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fiction from 80's or earlier- Space or Time Travel [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 3 comments A teenage boy comes through a portal (time or space) and ends up in a cave, and then being taken in by a family (I think the father was a gemologist). Eventually, the towns people figure out "he's not from these parts." and start coming after him. He makes his way back to the cave with his adopted "Earth family" to return home and invites his Earth family to go with him. They do.
** This barebones description of the plot doesn't do justice to a book that utterly captivated me.**

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I agree with Kristina. You are definitely describing The Forgotten Door

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 3 comments Yipee! That's the one. Thank you so much!!! I'm going to read it now.

message 5: by A~ (new)

A~ | 20 comments Sorry, new. This appears solved, as mentioned byOP Michelle, how do you move to Solved, or is that something only Admin and OP can do?

message 6: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1212 comments A~ wrote: "Sorry, new. This appears solved, as mentioned byOP Michelle, how do you move to Solved, or is that something only Admin and OP can do?"
That's right. Only mods and the OP can move the thread.