Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Kendall (_pochemuchka_) | 45 comments Did anyone have an unofficial alt in mind?

message 2: by KaLee (new)

KaLee Douglas | 50 comments I think I am going to read the book that Felicia was raving about not too long ago ( Zero World Zero World ) and then continue the Succubus series I am in with My Fair Succubi.

I am also down for a group pick.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Kendall (_pochemuchka_) | 45 comments Oooh, Zero World looks super rad.

message 4: by Cas (new)

Cas (elventempest) | 90 comments I'd be intrigued to read something else as well, if anyone has any ideas? My book game has been lame lately. Anyone? :)

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Kendall (_pochemuchka_) | 45 comments Perhaps The Forbidden Wish? I've been hearing a LOT of buzz about it.

message 6: by Melani (new)

Melani Both sound interesting, though I'm a bit more drawn in by The Forbidden Wish. I would like an alt book to read though. I'm not touching the main book as I'm already quite angry at an Anne Bishop book this month and don't want to revisit that particular brand of misogyny.

message 7: by Mistress (new)

Mistress (mistressofreads) | 1 comments Guild Hunter Series – Nalini Singh Angels' Blood oldie but goodie

message 8: by Frakki (new)

Frakki Karu | 509 comments Wow -- cover of Zero World is amazing!

message 9: by Gunnhildur (new)

Gunnhildur Rúnarsdóttir (grafarholt) | 173 comments Cas wrote: "I'd be intrigued to read something else as well, if anyone has any ideas? My book game has been lame lately. Anyone? :)"

Grave Witch was the debut book for the Vaginal Fantasy Hangout. Book 4 Grave Visions just came out and I thought it might be a fun read. I love this series and if you have only read the first book, it's a chance to get back into it.

I also just bought Zero World. Now I just need to find time to read them all.

Happy reading everyone.

message 10: by Frakki (new)

Frakki Karu | 509 comments I just read/listed to Grave Witch based some glowing VF reviews, so I vote for that ;-)

Zero World looks great but I'm broke and its $$$.

message 11: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
I think a better way to do the alt is to have you guys pick it for the NEXT month. That way there's something to go when we announce? Like "Forums Choice" that I can announce with the main. Does that work better for you all?

message 12: by Sean Lookielook (new)

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 917 comments Mod
Felicia wrote: "I think a better way to do the alt is to have you guys pick it for the NEXT month. That way there's something to go when we announce? Like "Forums Choice" that I can announce with the main. Does th..."

It would be great if we knew the next month's theme, but I guess that's a practical impossibility. If I might suggest, how about you pick a couple of books from your to-read shelf and put them in an poll with write-ins enabled. That way people can vote on what they want to read or add their own choices. At the end of the month, the winner is the alt.

message 13: by Jillian (new)

Jillian The Forbidden Wish looks ah-maz-ing!

message 14: by Keith (new)

Keith (dredchupacabra) | 19 comments Felicia wrote: "I think a better way to do the alt is to have you guys pick it for the NEXT month. That way there's something to go when we announce? Like "Forums Choice" that I can announce with the main. Does th..."

I like the idea of VF members picking the alt in advance. There could be a suggestion period of one to two weeks. Then create a poll that would close before the next hangout. Keeping a theme would require advanced planning. Reading an unrelated title may be easier.
For the upcoming month I would suggest the latest Iron Druid, Staked or revisiting the Grave Witch series.

message 15: by Malaraa (new)

Malaraa | 335 comments A quick poll would be fun, since right now it usually boils down to no consensus. I'd say one week for suggestions, or for a write-in poll. That would probably be enough time? Leaving a write-in to run too long gets the amount of suggestions spinning out of control. Write-in polls seem like they would be less work on your side than the suggestion period would, so I'd lean towards that.

message 16: by Jane (new)

Jane (javc) | 38 comments I second Sanasai's comment.

message 17: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Ok cool. I'll create a poll tomorrow that's write in and then by next Thursday's hangout we will have a winner

message 18: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Ok cool. I'll create a poll tomorrow that's write in and then by next Thursday's hangout we will have a winner

message 19: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

I PUT THE POLL UP! WRITE IN OR VOTE!

message 20: by Sean Lookielook (new)

Felicia wrote: "I PUT THE POLL UP! WRITE IN OR VOTE!"

Direct link to poll: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 21: by Sean Lookielook (new)

Only two days left to vote on the April alt. You must vote before the Hangout Thursday at 7 pm PST (Fri 02:00 UTC). See link above.