Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: Series Reads > Series Read: The Prince Who Loved Me (The Oxenburg Princes #1) by Karen Hawkins [Start Date: March 20, 2016]

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments
The Prince Who Loved Me (The Oxenburg Princes, #1) by Karen Hawkins The Prince Who Loved Me, by Karen Hawkins

A handsome, rakish prince who doesn't believe in true love meets a stubborn lass who will settle for nothing less...

In a lighthearted retelling of a classic fairy tale, bestselling author Karen Hawkins gives Cinderella a Scottish twist!

Prince Alexsey Romanovin enjoys his carefree life, flirting—and more—with every lovely lady who crosses his path. But when the interfering Grand Duchess Natasha decides it's time for her grandson to wed, Alexsey finds himself in Scotland, determined to foil her plans. Brainy, bookish, and bespectacled, Bronwyn Murdoch seems the perfect answer—she isn't at all to the duchess' taste.

Living at the beck and call of her ambitious stepmother and social butterfly stepsisters, Bronwyn has little time for a handsome flirt—no matter how intoxicating his kisses are. After all, no spoiled, arrogant prince would be seriously interested in a firm-minded female like herself. So . . . wouldn't it be fun to turn his "game" upside down and prove that an ordinary woman can bring a prince to his knees?

✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀

We are planning a "buddy read" of this one to start March 20th. Anyone is welcome to join in the discussion questions or just pop in to say "Hi!"

EXPECT SPOILERS!

Dates		Chapters	PPDQs*
March 20 Chp.01 – ?? ???
March 21 Chp.?? – ?? ???
March 22 Chp.?? – ?? ???
March 23 Chp.?? – ?? ???

*PPDQs = Person Posting Discussion Questions

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 3: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments It starts today? Well, I better get started (and quickly finish up some other books)!

message 4: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Well, I put aside some other reading and started. So far I'm not too sure. It's awfully romantic in a dreamy, naive kind of way. Well, those are just the first two chapters.

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Eeep! This is checked out in all three libraries in which I have cards.

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I am next in line at one of them.

message 7: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I must have bought the ebook on sale at some point, as I already owned it. But, I only got through chapter 3 last night. It does seem pretty light, which is good.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I liked this one. It reminded me of the film Ever After with Drew Barrymore.

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Lauren wrote: "I liked this one. It reminded me of the film Ever After with Drew Barrymore."

Love that movie, Lauren.

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) It's one of my absolute favorites. I watch it every time its on :0)

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I do too! LOL! Even thought I have the DVD, I can't stop watching it in "real time."

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments So... Karen hasn't checked in. I know her job pulls her away. But, we're doing the newsletter and wondering if this series will take off, and if #2 needs to be put under "Series Reads."

Any feedback?

message 13: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Well I know that I won't be in :P if that matters lol

message 14: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I haven't gotten any further, but don't see myself prioritizing this series. It's a bit silly for me so far.

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I will probably continue this series some time but it isn't a priority. I will wait until there are more published because I hate waiting a year or more between installments.

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Prince Who Loved Me (other topics)