You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Challenges: Year Long Main 2021 > Joy's 2016 Geocaching Challenge

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥ Joy Joy ♥ (last edited Apr 17, 2016 03:04PM) (new)

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) Potential Sites to Complete:

Site 1: Giant's Causeway and Causeway Coast, Ireland
Read a book set in North Ireland or Ireland Irish Dreams: Irish Rebel / Sullivan's Woman 3/3
- Read a book with a giant in it.
Take Home Item – Emerald: Read a book with a predominant green cover (70%) A Wind in the Door (A Wrinkle in Time Quintet, #2) by Madeleine L'Engle

Site 2: China:
a. Imperial Palaces of the Ming and Qing Dynasties in Beijing and Shenyang
Read a book set in China The Road to Gandolfo 2/28
Read a book in which there are dragons Dance of the Gods 3/6
- Take Home Item – Jade: Read a book with the word “Jade” in the title or subtitle.

Site 3: Tower of London, UK
Read a book set in England Nothing Girl 4/15
- Read a book involving the Tower of London
Take Home Item – Crown: Read a book with a crown on the cover or the word in the title. Cordina's Crown Jewel 2/29

Site 4:Morocco:
a. Medina of Marrakesh
Read a book set in Morocco O'Hurley's Return (Without a Trace Story) 3/7
Read a book that is about food, glorious food. Dying for Chocolate 3/17
- Take Home Item – Olive: Read a book with the word “Olive” in the title, or pictured in a drink on the cover

Glacier Bay
- read a book set in British Columbia
read a book that has sea life in it (whales or seals) Suzanna & Megan (Calhouns #4 & 5) by Nora Roberts (In the second story about Megan, it has whales in it)
Take home item – Glacier Ice: Read a book that is about diamonds. It must be a significant part of the story - i.e. a diamond heist, diamond mines, etc. Stars

Egypt:
a. Memphis and its Necropolis
- Read a book set in Egypt
Read a historical fiction about one of the Pharoahs Tomb of the Golden Bird 3/13
- Take Home Item – Scarab: Read a book with the word “Scarab” in the title or the subtitle

message 2: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 50051 comments Hi Joy! Welcome to YLTO and to the challenge.

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) Janice wrote: "Hi Joy! Welcome to YLTO and to the challenge."

Thanks! :)

message 4: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20275 comments Hi Joy. Welcome to the Geo Challenge.

I do not read much Nora Roberts, but I am curious about the book you have picked for Morocco. I do not see in the summary that it indicates that the book is set there. Have you read it?

I am asking because I have a book picked for the "Olive" portion and for the food, but not for the setting and it caught my eye.

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) Cherie wrote: "Hi Joy. Welcome to the Geo Challenge.

I do not read much Nora Roberts, but I am curious about the book you have picked for Morocco. I do not see in the summary that it indicates that the book is ..."

I have read it before and I believe that a part of it takes place there. I'll probably be reading it sometime this coming week if not this weekend. The story jumps around a few places.

♥ Joy Joy ♥ (joylia) Cherie - Sorry I took so long to get this one done. I got distracted by a few other books..hahaha.

And to answer your question, yes, Morocco is part of the setting for Nora Robert's Without a Trace. The showdown between Trace and Gillian vs the bad guys (and where they rescue her brother and niece) takes place in Sefrou, Morocco. :)

message 7: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20275 comments No problem, Joy. I understand being distracted by other books!