Real Christian discussion

Prayer > Testimonies/Praises

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

At church we were talking about praying because of testimonies. It's like giving thanks/praise to him.

IWTGF (I want to thank God for) giving me my voice back

message 2: by Salma (new)

Salma (louvrespaces) | 52 comments IWTGF every opportunity I get to live!

message 3: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 6160 comments Mod
Aw!! This is so beautiful!!!! *handclaps* :D

IWTGF always being with me and my family through trouble <3

message 4: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments IWTGF for my wonderful family :D

message 5: by Rebecca L (new)

Rebecca L (rebeccalsnowe) | 175 comments IWTGF loving me and giving us His Son!

message 6: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments Rebecca L. Snowe wrote: "IWTGF loving me and giving us His Son!"

Yes :D Absolutely, I thank God for sending Jesus in our place :)

message 7: by Rebecca L (new)

Rebecca L (rebeccalsnowe) | 175 comments Amen!
I thank God for spring and flowers!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

IWTGF my grandma gaining consciousness!!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes!

message 10: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments IWTGF loving me as His child :)

message 11: by Salma (new)

Salma (louvrespaces) | 52 comments IWTGF all the miracles I see everyday and for the oportunity to know and learn about Jesus Christ.

message 12: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Awww! This just warms my heart <3

IWTGF all you wonderful people who inspire me everyday †

message 13: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Lucero | 6 comments IWTGF being my rock and protector

message 14: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Aws, amen!! :D

IWTGF always being a shield in the battle †

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi guys, seeing I'm new here I thought I would give my testimony , hope its not too long.
MY TESTIMONY
I am a Christian and have been for over 30 years, so here's my story.
First of all I was adopted at six months of age and have had a severe stammer all of my life although not particularly bad before starting school.
I met my first wife Jean when I was in mid 20s, Jean was a Christian who attended the Salvation Army where I first heard the gospel and believed it but only in my head.
After a series of decisions made for Jesus which proved to be flawed and false but I started to read the Bible but I was still not willing to accept the gospel offer of salvation.
Jean and I got married in 1981 and after less than a year of marriage Jean died suddenly, on that evening of Jean's passing I prayed for God to forgive me of my sins and received Christ becoming a new creature in Christ.
Some nine years later having met Christine we got married in 1990 and have been very happily married for 26 years.
God has been faithful to us in many ways directing, leading and guiding us in all His ways.
We always think on Jeremiah Ch. 29 v. 11-14 which God has used so often in our lives together in giving us a future and a hope in Him for God knows the plans He has for us all.
God has been helpful to me so often to fight through my stammer and been able to accept my situation helping me and reminding me so often His love overcomes all things.
My favourate text is Hebrews Ch. 13 v.6. 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?’
In august, 2012 I had been made redundant but have great peace in my heart the the Lord Jesus is with me and surrounding me in His love and wisdom for the future and great assurance of His will for me. Thinking much on two passages of scripture in particular.
Let not your heart envy sinners, but continue in the fear of the LORD all the day. Surely there is a future, and your hope will not be cut off.
(Proverbs 23:17-18 ESV)
But godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
(1 Timothy 6:6-10 ESV)
God bless you all, In Christ, Gordon

message 16: by Karis (new)

Karis | 739 comments Thank you Gordon for sharing your testimony. I feel like that is the best way to get to know other believers. I'm sorry that it had to be such hard times that led you to Christ, but God always uses even the worst situations for his good.

message 17: by Brittany (new)

Brittany  | 36 comments I want to thank God for his unyielding faith in me even though I'm underserving of such a commitment.

message 18: by Karis (new)

Karis | 739 comments Brittany wrote: "I want to thank God for his unyielding faith in me even though I'm underserving of such a commitment."

I think that's every Christian's cause of wonderment, Brittany. It's so crazy to me that a God who's perfect would love me and continue to do so unconditionally.

message 19: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments 16 November 2016

Hi to All who visit here at the Real Christian Community:

I would like to share the beginning of my testimony:

I first committed my life to Jesus Christ in the fall of 1979, while I was in the United States Marine Corps. I was stationed in Hawaii, but while on a temporary assignment to Yuma, Arizona the Iranian students seized the American Embassy in Tehran, and had taken several American hostages.

A special friend of mine was on a six-month deployment to Japan, and had been placed on red alert. He was prepared to go to Iran at a moment’s notice, and I felt so helpless to do anything about it.

That was such an uncertain time in my life, and as unbelievable as it may sound, I was actually thankful for the Iranian Crisis, because it was that momentous event that caused me to see the great need for my Savior.

About that same time, a young Marine, whom I had never met, came up to me as I was leaving my barracks in Yuma, and handed me a Bible and said, “Here, I think you need to read this.” He just walked away, and I never saw him again, but I will never forget him!

That brief encounter was a major turning point in my life. I did take his advice and I started reading the Bible, but that was just the beginning of my walk with God. It took fourteen years for me to truly understand the truth about God and His kingdom, and there is still so much to learn!

May God bless and keep you as you love and obey Him!
With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 20: by Karis (new)

Karis | 739 comments Thanks for sharing you testimony, C. It's so wonderful to see how God works even through things that most people see as tragedies. And through people who you don't even know. Wow!

God is so amazing, amen, eh?

message 21: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Karis wrote: "Thanks for sharing you testimony, C. It's so wonderful to see how God works even through things that most people see as tragedies. And through people who you don't even know. Wow!

God is so amazing..."

Hi Karis,

Yes, He surely is! We serve a great and wonderful God, who is so worthy of our praise and adoration!

God bless you honey! Hope you and your loved ones have a great Thanksgiving!
C.

message 22: by Karis (new)

Karis | 739 comments Thanks C. I'm praying that you and your family will have a great Thanksgiving too, especially the the new grand baby :)

message 23: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments I want to thank God for opening new doors for me :) I current;y volunteer as a teacher's aid at Colorado Christian academy, tutoring kids in reading and language arts. I'll be helping Isabella, a 12 year old with severe special needs, learn how to read and recognize comprehension. She is really sweet and such a joy to work with! I'm excited to see what God's going to do in this new step in my life. Her mom Laura is the director of the program and she gave me a compliment that I'm really patient and friendly with her.

message 24: by Karis (new)

Karis | 739 comments That's really exciting, Rachel. I'm glad that you enjoy teaching Isabella and that you have this opportunity to share God's love with this sweet girl as you tutor her.

message 25: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Wow, that's really awesome, Rachel! Praise God for opening this door for you. I pray that God will use you and Isabella to be a blessing to each other. :)

message 26: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 689 comments Thanks Karis and Aerykah :) With God's help, I'm sure we'll accomplish some great things :)

message 27: by Salma (new)

Salma (louvrespaces) | 52 comments IWTGF a really amazing year! !

message 28: by Beth (new)

Beth Green (thegreenauthor) | 6 comments Thankful for some friends who have been infertile for years. God has provided a baby for them to adopt!

message 29: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Brenneman | 4 comments This last year when I visited home, I went to pray for my Grandmother. I found out that before I visited her, a guest had spoken at her nursing home that Sunday. He anointed her with oil and prayed for her. By the time she got back to her room, she noticed that her strength was back and the shakiness was gone. She hadn't been able to write her name without assistance for years because of the tremors, but she wrote her name easily for the first time in years!

Thanks God!

message 30: by Salma (new)

Salma (louvrespaces) | 52 comments On 10th June, two days to a very important exam, my dad passed on. That day was not only the worst day of 2016, but also my whole life. I simply couldn't wrap my head around it as it came unexpectedly. I had come back from school that day with high hopes of coming out of the exams with flying colours only to find my sister crying miserably. I didn't know what do when she told me be had arrived from work, with an aching leg. Before she knew it, he couldn't breathe properly and then he passed out. She wasn't sure if he'd passed on the in the house but when my mum and brother came back from the hospital, he had already given up the ghost.

At that moment felt so lost and tiny, suddenly not sure what awaited me on Monday the day of the commencement of the exam. It's funny just how at that point, my hope was hanging on a thread. But I needed the comfort of My Father so badly I opened my Bible to a portion of psalms unknowingly and read. It spoke about the comfort of God and in that instant, I remembered that God had not and would never forsake me.

The pain was still hidden somewhere deep but I trusted God so much so that I had no problems at all with the exams. I did great and then got admission to my school of choice. I just couldn't hide my joy and gratitude to God on account of He looked out for me in my time of adversaries and I am a living proof of that. Glory!!

Now in anyway I can, I encourage people to trust in the Lord God every single day of their lives because what He did for me was far beyond my imagination. I also realised that I got more opportunities after that. That's when it really hit home that "All things work together for good to them that love Him...". Hallelujah!!

I hoped you are blessed by my testimony and you realise that God will never leave you nor forsake you because He is for you and NOT against you.

God bless you!!

message 31: by Karis (new)

Karis | 739 comments Thank you, Beth, Jonathon, and Salma for sharing your stories about how God had so wonderfully worked in your life or in the lives of others. God, of course, is always working, but many times we don't stop to praise Him of it.

message 32: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments Good is an amazing God. He's always there looking out for us even when we don't notice. I'm thankful to God for His miraculous works in your lives, keep trusting in Him even in times of grief, pain or disaster, the best is yet to come.

message 33: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 12, 2017 07:34PM) (new)

God answered my prayers and has blessed my son, Jeffrey. He is in community college and when he signed up for spring classes found out that he would have to change his major because all of the classes weren't offered for major he was in. We knew he wouldn't graduate until summer because he had to drop a class and would be taking it then. The change in degree meant that there were a couple more classes he would need to take in the summer but there was an elective class that he might not get to take till next fall. He talked to his counselor/professor who just happened to be one of two people who decides what classes are accepted as electives. He allowed a class that wasn't on accepted list but Jeffrey had already taken to be used as the elective. Now Jeffrey will be able to graduate in the summer and transfer to the 4 year college as planned. We also thought Jeffrey wouldn't be getting scholarship money for spring but when he went to pay his tuition the money was there.

message 34: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Rita Faye wrote: "God answered my prayers and has blessed my son, Jeffrey... "

Praise God!

message 35: by Karis (new)

Karis | 739 comments Rita Faye wrote: "God answered my prayers and has blessed my son, Jeffrey. He is in community college and when he signed up for spring classes found out that he would have to change his major because all of the clas..."

Praise God, indeed! I'm so happy God worked everything out for your son.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

This has been a good week, my son, Jeffrey, received a $500 college scholarship and was accepted as a transfer student to the 4 year college he applied to in the program he wanted. My daughter, Miranda, passed her final CPA exam and will be getting her license. Thank God for blessing my children.

message 37: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Rita Faye wrote: "This has been a good week..."

Thank the LORD!

message 38: by Tasha (new)

Tasha | 1 comments Praise God, for everything he has done for me and other people

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Tasha wrote: "Praise God, for everything he has done for me and other people"

Amen

message 40: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Hi Tasha,

As I read your post, I am reminded of this verse:

Psalms 92:1 "It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto Thy name, O most High:"

God bless!
C. Read

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank the LORD, my son Jeffrey got the paid summer internship that he hoped to get.

message 42: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments The fact that we have life is reason to thank Him. We are close to the closing of another year, so many have passed on, yet we are still here, though, it is not because of any good thing that we have done, but by the Grace of God.

message 43: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 21 comments I am so glad God came I to my heart, he is my life. I love my father, more than I could ever love anyone.

not only did he save my soul but he saved me from a horrible situation when I was just a child.

God gave me a miracle, just one year ago I hadn't thought of it that way.
isn't that amazing?