This topic is about Pride and Prejudice
Book Discussions > Pride and Prejudice

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa (lesashoe) | 263 comments Mod
Start discussing!

message 2: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel (rachelreaditwrite) I have just 2-ish books left to read and then I will start reading this book! I'm really excited, actually! I've had it and a few other Jane Austen books since my brother got them for me for my birthday a while ago and they're the really nice penguin clothbound ones and I just love staring at them. I can't wait to get reading haha!

message 3: by Lisa (new) - added it

Rachel wrote: "I have just 2-ish books left to read and then I will start reading this book! I'm really excited, actually! I've had it and a few other Jane Austen books since my brother got them for me for my bir..."

OOOh I love those editions. I chose to listen to an Audiobook for Pride and Prejudice and if anyone is interested you can get here for free http://www.booksshouldbefree.com/book...

message 4: by Lisa (last edited May 02, 2014 11:20PM) (new) - added it

I am enjoying listening to it on audiobook, but missing a bit of what they are saying and who is saying what. The narrator doesn't differentiate the voices much. However I am enjoying it. I went in knowing the general storyline and what happens but it is interesting.

message 5: by Lisa (new) - added it

Taylor wrote: "I fell like it would be easier or more interesting on audiobook as opposed to reading it. It took a while for me to get invested in the story but when i did I loved it."

Yes I believe it is easier, because I don't tend to go back in the audio and re listen but I feel like I would reread over sections a lot if I was reading.

message 6: by Lisa (new) - added it

I wanted to ask everyones opinion on Pride and Prejudice and why they think it is such a classic?

message 7: by Lisa (new) - added it

I went to see a play at my school of P&P and it was amazing. I recommend anyone who gets to see it as a play do so :)