Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Contemporary Romance Novel with Light Suspense

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessamy (last edited Feb 25, 2016 07:07PM) (new)

Jessamy | 8 comments I'm working on a contemporary romance novel with pretty dark themes and some sexual content. It is similar to an NA except the characters are between 20-25 and not in college. I'm hoping for a critique partner to do a chapter-by-chapter email exchange with.

What I'm looking for: I'm an English teacher, so while I'd love to have grammar and punctuation mistakes pointed out (I'm not perfect), mainly what I want is feedback on the larger issues such as plot, theme, and characterization, as well as voice, word choice, etc. This is what I hope to do as well.

So, if you are working in a similar genre (doesn't need to be exactly the same) or if you'd just like to read a story about two fucked-up people falling in love, please email me at purser.jessamy@gmail.com. Thanks!

message 2: by DES (new)

DES (des351) | 31 comments Hello Jessamy;
Take a look at the first chapter of my romance/spy novel at this link and let me know if you think you would be interested in a swap.
I think we would get on well.
Thanks
DES
https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Are you still looking for someone? I know this post is old but I wrote something very similar and am looking for a partner as well. :)

message 4: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Anderson | 4 comments Kristin wrote: "Are you still looking for someone? I know this post is old but I wrote something very similar and am looking for a partner as well. :)"

I don't know if she replied, but I wrote something similar (as far as romance and suspense), but it's more YA, and am looking for a critique partner. Send me an email: carriemayanderson@gmail.com