#WomenRunTheWorldReadathon discussion

Did you enjoy the books you have read?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eunice (new)

Eunice Moral (eunicemoral) | 9 comments Mod
We are nearing the end of our readathon, how many books have you read? Share your favorite quotes! And do you want to this as an annual thing! Hope you enjoyed the books you have read! I've read, Woman Alone and Other Plays, The Yellow Wall-Paper and The Bell Jar! All fantastic!!!

message 2: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 5 comments I read a total of 8 books this month, three for this read a thon: The Red Tent, Beloved, and The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories. My favorite of those was definitely The Red Tent.

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (heydayswithjune) | 2 comments Finishing the bell jar. And I don't know what to feel.... I just feel all sorts of sad.... :-(

message 4: by Celine (new)

Celine (colleenbee) | 3 comments I've only read The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks for this readathon. I enjoyed reading it especially when Frankie did all those 'things'. I couldn't say much because spoilers hehe. My favorite quote was "It is better to be alone, she figures, than to be with someone who can't see who you are. It is better to lead than to follow. It is better to speak up than stay silent. It is better to open doors than to shut them on people. She will not be simple and sweet. She will not be what people tell her to be.".