Infatuated by Fiction discussion

March BOTM 2016 > An Ember In The Ashes

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kezia (new)

Kezia Palmer | 107 comments Mod
What was your favourite part about this book? Was there anything unique about this book that you liked? Are you excited for Torch Against The Night?

message 2: by Kimmie (new)

Kimmie Larsen (fillmewithwords) | 49 comments Mod
I'm so glad that this book is getting a sequel because this world and the characters have so much potential outside of just this one book, and I can see it becoming such an epic series. I have no idea how there originally wasn't going to be a second book! I loved the storyline and the world and the characters. Everything about it was so unique. I had no idea where it was going and I didn't see anything coming so I was completely engrossed in the story.

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Morrison (chelsealouise07) Just finished this beaut, and I'm absolutely in love with this book/series! I cannot wait for the sequel. One of my favorite things about this was that it sucked me in right from the first chapter.

message 4: by Kezia (new)

Kezia Palmer | 107 comments Mod
I agree completely with both of you guys. I didn't expect anything while I was reading. I'm so glad that there is a second book coming out and that it comes out on my birthday. I loved the characters in this book and how the story developed. I couldn't really compare the characters in this novel with any other characters which I really appreciated. I'm so glad I finally read this beautiful book.

message 5: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) I had NO idea this wasn't supposed to be a series in the first place! I'm so glad we're getting more, because I absolutely loved this book from chapter 1. Everything, from the world building to the characters and the plot was amazing. The fact that it was largely inspired on the Roman Empire and we can see many elements of it on the narrative only makes me love this book even more.
Elias and Laia were by far my favorite characters, but Helene is not far behind and I can't wait to follow her POV in book 2. So excited for "A Torch Against The Night"!