Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) Ignite Me discussion

The whole "Adam can't touch me because I'll hurt him" excuse Juliette made is so unfair and so untrue I could cry.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Zuniga You wanna know why? Lets go back to why Juliette believed that. Yes, she hurt Adam with her touch, but seriously my dear, Kenji, the person who has ACTUALLY experienced the consequences of your "ability", has 24/7 hugging privileges. They have hugged so many times I literally fangirled and started shipping them.
You don't have to touch Adam's skin, Adam needs to learn not to touch yours.

You could wear gloves or something and not kiss. Is it really hard?

You can cuddle in each other's warmth or whatever you like to do with KENJI then just wait until Adam trains himself to not get hurt by your touch. It was possible wasn't it? He was practicing. But NO, you gave up because you can't stare at him with feeling lusty and junk.
Do thee not have any discipline?

I really thought that the AdamxJuliette thing would work out, even though I love Warner (who had no right to kill people even if they were douches. He should've let karma kill the soldier, not kill him in front of AN INNOCENT GIRL'S EYES. Sorry for the additional rant.)
But now, I will be Team Kenji, because he was the only one that was there for her and supported her when she was sulking with her "love problems" while the world kept destroying itself.

((I still love you Warner but seriously, your excuses were stupid and unreasonable. They weren't enough to cover the wrong you have already done.))

Ilana i mean, everyone's entitled to their opinion...but if you think about it, it's more than just the pain bit of hurting Adam that she's talking about here. It's a few things actually. 1) she knows that it drains Adam's energy for the most part if they touch since he's putting up a shield. With Kenji, there's nothing there since they aren't trying to do more than just 'touch' as friends. Also, it's emotionally painful too - think about all the history that Adam and Juliette have - it's painful when you find that you have a connection and a bond and that there's more to it than that at this point. it's no longer organic either given the situation that they are in and what they need to do either to stay together or keep everyone safe.

Hannah I really cant blame Juliette for this. It's not like that was the only reason her and Adam didn't work out. I don't think we're supposed to see that as the main reason why she shouldn't be with Adam. Could they have been together without touching? Sure, maybe. But it would be difficult and I think Juliette kind of subconsciously saw it as an excuse for them not to be together because she knew they had bigger problems. Maybe at first it was because she was worried about hurting him and draining his energy but over the course of UM/IM bigger issues with their relationship definitely came to the surface.

Elle I believe that Juliette used whatever she had to justify being with Warner. Warner touched her and tried to force himself on her in Shatter Me. She liked it,

She had every opportunity to tell Adam about Warner in Unravel Me but she did not. She just used the fact that his powers was working against him as a reason to say we should not be together.

She knew Adam loved her but she really did not care about that. I would have respected her more if she helped him through the breakup instead of acting like he was a crazy person, Her freezing him out made him feel desperate and then she jumps into Warner's arms, the man who tried to kill him.

Warner kept her a prisoner. She was living in inhumane conditions just so that Warner could break her, He tried to force himself on her, He invaded her most private thoughts. When she tried to take her notebook back he took it back. He has no respect for her privacy, He killed a man when there were other means he could have use (jail and find the man'w wifeq a job)

People say that Juliette and Warner think alike, Well yes if one of them has been reading the thoughts of another person and making them his own, I think that Juliette and Warner are perfect together.

Alice (Booksandfreshlybrewedtea) I think Adam wanted to be the STRONG, the protector. Juliet needed to be a figther and strong! Adam made her feel weak and not reach her full potential!
I also am confused by the Adam being infatuated with Juliet, i understand with juliet 'thinking' she loves adam, first person she's touched and them not being scared of her! So i thought adam being a solider would be more reserved with his feelings! he hasn't seen juliet in years, she may have changed! and it's not like they have mind blowing conversation in the prison cell!

I am abit upset about the negative light we see Adam in the novella, and in the final book ignite me! because i really did like him!
Warner! well i like him, but i just can't seem to let myself trust him! or believe him for that matter! So generally i fancy the pants off him!

SO TO SORT MY DILEMMA I AM TEAM............

KENJI, lets be honest he's really the only person that has been there for juliet Through most of the book! Gave her a wakeup call, stood by her side in ignite me and he really cares for her! i ship me and Kenji! ALJI i ship it! :L

krisusnoona thats the thing i hate about jul.
she had gone too far i hoped she gave adam more time
i feel sorry for him really
jul. had issues with adam and her then shifts to warner coz. he's stronger and powerful.. i really like the first book and half of the second but then i dont get her point i tried to put myself in her shoes but i just had or thought of a diff. way that her.

Laura The way she justified that in the book was that she'd rather Adam have a full life/relationship with someone else instead of only a partial one with her. She's come into her own a lot in Unravel Me but she still feels like a monster when she breaks up with him. And afterwards, things get weird and she finds she feels stronger without him. I think it all makes sense.
And I love Kenji. I love his friendship with Juliette even more.

Sally Cindy wrote: "You wanna know why? Lets go back to why Juliette believed that. Yes, she hurt Adam with her touch, but seriously my dear, Kenji, the person who has ACTUALLY experienced the consequences of your "ab..."

I have a feeling it's because you were expecting the typical love story in YA books these days, where the girl ends up with her first love each time. This story was unique and the first I've ever read which doesn't have a heroine ditch her second love immediately after she finds her first love whom she thought she lost forever. It's kinda sad. The Shatter Me series were different and I loved them! Also, I thought Adam needed to chill..ya know? Like maybe if he would've stayed calm for at least once..maybe him and Juliette could've spoke about their problems. But no, he kept on acting like a dog and everything to her. He was acting kinda scary, not like himself, or the Adam Juliette knew before. I like that she ended up with Warner...he's the right guy. Adam can just end up with that other girl...Alia..yup that's her name. Kenji was amazing though!!!! I'm still not sure whether or not he ever secretly liked Juliette that way..but I have have a feeling he kinda did ..at least once or so ...ya know?!

Elle I can not get behind the idea that Juliette is all that wonderful. Whether or not it was a first love there is no excuse for what she did to Adam.

If a guy had done the same thing to a girl he would have seemed callous. Adam acted like anyone who has been dumped quite unfeelingly.

Juliette hide the fact she had feelings for Warner and took the first opportunity (I am hurting him with my powers) to dump Adam and then flipped it to make Adam seem crazy.

She should have gone to Adam like a woman and said you were an infatuation that I thought was love. I am interested in someone else and would like to give that a good. I won't flaunt my new boyfriend in your face and shame you to your friends and family.

krisusnoona JC wrote: "I can not get behind the idea that Juliette is all that wonderful. Whether or not it was a first love there is no excuse for what she did to Adam.

If a guy had done the same thing to a girl he wou..."

totally agree with you !!!

Laura JC wrote: "I can not get behind the idea that Juliette is all that wonderful. Whether or not it was a first love there is no excuse for what she did to Adam.

If a guy had done the same thing to a girl he wou..."

Yes, she handled it poorly. But she lied to herself too. She didn't understand her feelings for Warner until she had already pushed him away because of hurting him.

When she did realize her feelings, they were already broken up. And I honestly don't remember her flaunting Warner - he was a necessary part to their plan with resources they really needed to take down the Reestablishment. People could see their feelings for each other but she was a lot less blatant with him than she was with Adam.

Elle The flaunting to me came in Ignite Me. She is living with Warner and sleeping in his bed. Warner has made accommodations for the remaining Omega Point survivors.

Warner had his own motives from having them live in the gym separate and apart from him and Juliette but she should have thought about Adam's feelings.

The Omega Point survivors people saw her as Adam's recent ex girlfriend. Adam has lost his home and his pride. She could have been more circumspect with her living situation.