What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA - French pianist teen does a gig with a mask/hoodie, becomes a hit, falls for a girl [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Germán (last edited Mar 01, 2016 02:37PM) (new)

Germán Ulrich | 4 comments I remember reading this novel about 7 or 8 years ago, I was in High School and it was a novel suggested by the teacher -he had a photocopy so cant give details about the cover-. The school library didn't had it, I checked. The story is about a french teen who struggles with school, his family, falling for a girl that he thinks doesn't notice him, and playing piano. Now I don't remember that well, but he plays in a concert with a mask or a hood, something that prevents people from recognizing him, and he becomes famous. He eventually begins to talk and form a relationship with the girl, who is intruigued by the mystery pianist, and in one point he reveals his identity during one concert and kisses the girl -again, cant remember correctly-. I think the novel was written in the kids perspective, with some chapters from the girls point of view. The setting was in Paris, France, but I don't know if the author himself/herself is french. Tell me if you need any more details and I'll try to remember. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Kris (new)

message 3: by Germán (new)

Germán Ulrich | 4 comments Kris wrote: "Toxic by Rachel Van Dyken?"

Sadly, no :( Toxic came out in 2014, and the story I'm looking for is a bit older.

message 4: by María (new)

María Dellavalle (mariadellavalle) | 1 comments Son dos libros, ambos de Christian Grenier. El que vos leíste es "El pianista sin rostro". Está contado también desde la perspectiva de ella en otro libro, "La chica del 2ºB". También lo leí en la secu. Brillantes ambos.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34474 comments Mod
El Pianista Sin Rostro and La Chica del 2 B by Christian Grenier for Maria's suggestions.

message 6: by Germán (new)

Germán Ulrich | 4 comments María wrote: "Son dos libros, ambos de Christian Grenier. El que vos leíste es "El pianista sin rostro". Está contado también desde la perspectiva de ella en otro libro, "La chica del 2ºB". También lo leí en la ..."

Genia :) Gracias!

message 7: by Germán (last edited Mar 02, 2016 04:39PM) (new)

Germán Ulrich | 4 comments Kris wrote: "El Pianista Sin Rostro and La Chica del 2 B by Christian Grenier for Maria's suggestions."

Yes, those are the books I was searching, thanks!